[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    LaDonna...

Moderating a forum is easy??? Do you really believe that?

The truth is that one of the most difficult job of ANY manager is the MODERATING of people.

There are just too many personalities, too many quirks & as pointed out earlier, you simply can't deal with everyone exactly the same way, no more than you can deal with every employee,nor every family member the same way.

A person who deals with EVERYONE the same exact way runs the risk of being too rigid, unyielding, unwilling to compromise & those aren't desirable traits in this day & age.

I had a very short-lived forum & the hardest thing in the world is when YOUR FRIENDS can't put THEIR egos aside for even 3 minutes, then you have to figure out a way to appease everyone, as they're all your friends. And lo & behold, there'll always be one whom no matter how many times you speak with them privately simply CANNOT restrain themselves in any shape, way or form & therein the problem lies. When your friends won't try to make your life easier, what can you expect from anyone else?

Yet we blame the kids for being so warped & out-of-step with all that's righteous. I wonder why? 40 & 50 years-olds come here & have been playing out the internet version of "The Bloods Vs. The Crips'' over music, but the kids have it all wrong for acting as they do.

Well...ok!

My problem with understanding your situation is that it's vague in nature. You're levelling a charge & I haven't an idea as to what you're referring to.

Now if you're suggesting that Ralph is unfair, I don't know that I'll agree. And if you're suggesting that Ralph favors his "buddies", I'll point out that most of us are wired that way. I'll also point out that Ralph & I have been more than friendly for quite some time now. Despite this, there was a situation where I thought that a fellow forumer wasgoing out of their way to post inflammatory & somewhat racist posts abput President Obama, despite our friendship, he didnt jump on my bandwagon & jump over that forumer as I publicly suggested that he should.

And I didn't get mad at Ralph, nor decide he was no longer a "good" guy. Ralph had his opinion, I had mine & when all was said & done, it was Ralph's call to make & I was cool with that. I didn't agree, but I wasn't going to declare him "Public Enemy # 1" for not agreeing with me.

Now there was a time here when I saw people baited in plain sight, then when they responded, a cry for their banishment would arise. There was a time here when if ''certain'people didn't like you, you were as good as gone. Myself & a few others were almost victimized by this on one occasion, over a joke thread & on another occasion, because we all didn't salute a certain project. It was said that if we didn't speak out in support of this project that we should be banned & the fact that we didn't bow down in support of a few involved only made the cry louder.

THAT'S how it USED to be here at times & most long-time members here know exactly what I'm speaking of.

And how can Ralph ever please everyone when I myself have seen people complaining about the behavior of SOME members, when they are guilty of baiting said member[[s) & starting arguments themselves?

And most often, it's been those members whom have been crying out to Ralph to ban others, despite the fact that the pages of this forum have often proven them to be the stirrers of the drink. Not to mention a few of their more errr..."RESPECTED" members, one of whom in my mind comes here as nothing less than a wolf in sheeps clothing, given their propensity to make excuse for the behavior of a few [[chalking their behavior up to being merely ''jokes'), while curiously always finding themselves in the position of stirring up quite a few gallons of manure in their own right.

I digress...

Exactly how should Ralph proceed given the tendency of some to act up, then reappear under new pseudonyms? Personally speaking, folks should be quite happy that Ralph's running things because i'd have drop-kicked several people from here a long time ago, ESPECIALLY the folks who stir manure while attempting to tell us whom are "voices of reason", while kicking around mucho doo-doo themselves on the sneak.

After 5 or 6 years, it's gets rather tiresome watching the SAME exact people having the SAME exact arguments over the same B.S. over & over & over & over & over...

Personally, I just don't have that kind of patience for foolishness. There's a real world out here with REAL problems.

TO my obviously warped way of thinking, my favorite singer just doesn't factor into the problems of the world, which is something which some here have decided to turn into their own internet version of "War & Peace" or The hatfields Vs The McCoys.

Just strikes me that somepriorities need some serious reassessment, is all.

Again, just one persons opinion.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 02-13-2012 at 01:45 AM.