[REMOVE ADS]

'Lady Sings' at LACMA w/ Billy Dee & Suzanne Friday

Please forgive me if this was posted before.
    In today's New York Times on Page C5F of the national edition distributed in the Los Angeles area, there is a lovely photo of Diana Ross from "Lady Sings the Blues" in Black and White. And it is to promote the screening of "Lady Sings the Blues" at 7:30 p.m. this Friday night at The Bing Theatre at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
    It says that the screening includes a conversation with Suzanne de Passe and Billy Dee Williams.
    Says Tickets are $10 for the general public, and $7 for members of LACMA [[the museum).

For tickets and information, visit www.lacma.org

or

filmindependent.org/lacma

or call 323-857-6010

A secretary at my office that was born 3 years after Lady Sings the Blues was released told me an hour ago that she was sure the songs on the soundtrack were sung by Billie Holiday, not Diana Ross.

And I told her........no way, those songs are sung by Diana Ross but when the movie was released the ads all said DIANA ROSS IS BILLIE HOLIDAY. And I told her John Hammond and Ralph Gleason said Diana must have loved Billie Holiday very much to do her songs such justice.