[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hey Atc, Jobeterob and Roberta.....Mary Wilson is the Queen of Soul Train [[at least this week)! Don't you just love it? Eat ya hearts out if you have one........hehehehehehehe!!!!!

Marv

atcsm Guest
    Hey - go for it sweet cheecks - if you can celebrate the death of a man to uplifit Miss Wilson - more power to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Hey Atc, Jobeterob and Roberta.....Mary Wilson is the Queen of Soul Train [[at least this week)! Don't you just love it? Eat ya hearts out if you have one........hehehehehehehe!!!!!

Marv

Quote Originally Posted by atcsm View Post
    Hey - go for it sweet cheecks - if you can celebrate the death of a man to uplifit Miss Wilson - more power to you.
    And don't you forget, Mary is back to taking her acting classes right now, so you know what that means! She'll become the Queen of all media by Summer! By Fall? Complete World Domination!!!.........hehehehehehehe!

And don't you forget, Mary is back to taking her acting classes
    Personally I would prefer "singing lessons" in her case. ;-)

Why come on a thread about Mary and just post something so childish as singing lessons. ?? Plenty of people happily pay to hear her sing and plenty of producers book her

FYI singers take singing lessons, even Plácido Domingo and*Anna Caterina Antonacci. Especially the good ones: knowing how to sing doesn't fall from the sky. Acting lessons are not the #1 requisite for singing. Why some people are so touchy when it comes to Wilson? Must be for some reason...*

Quote Originally Posted by Constantin View Post
    FYI singers take singing lessons, even Plácido Domingo and*Anna Caterina Antonacci. Especially the good ones: knowing how to sing doesn't fall from the sky. Acting lessons are not the #1 requisite for singing. Why some people are so touchy when it comes to Wilson? Must be for some reason...*
    You said what you said to be a jerk. We are not stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by mwmr View Post
    Why come on a thread about Mary and just post something so childish as singing lessons. ?? Plenty of people happily pay to hear her sing and plenty of producers book her
    Thank you. If you have the time, just read down this thread from the beginning and you will get a very clear idea of not only what the problem is here in this particular thread, but you will get a perfect example of what is happening to this overall forum by a select group of people!

LOL Marv you said it. Do they really think we are oblivious to their behavior. It does look soooooooooo childish.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    LOL Marv you said it. Do they really think we are oblivious to their behavior. It does look soooooooooo childish.
    So childish. I'm telling you Luke they are like spoiled brats. They go around starting trouble until someone says something that they don't like, then they go running and crying.........LOL!

smark21 Guest
    Starting threads to celebrate the work of the late Don Corneilius is one thing. But this thread was started to marvel on how the suicide of Don Corneilius caused people to go to youtube, find the clip of Don and Mary Wilson dancing down the Soul Train line and thus potentially raise the name recognition value of Mary Wilson and urging Universal/Motown to release Mary's 1979 album to capitalize on this supposed heightend public awareness of Mary Wilson. That's not celebrating and honoring the work and legacy of Don Corneilius, it's a craven attempt by a few fanatical fans of Mary Wilson to celebrate what they believe to be a heightened awareness of who Mary Wilson is. IMO, it's in bad taste and it's pathetic especially given the nature of how Don Corneilius. The elephant in the room is that Don Corneilius killed himself. He put a bullet through his head. His family, friends and loved ones are now left behind having to deal with this violent, self inflicted end to his life. So far in all of the Don Corneilius related threads that I've read here there has been very little if any discussion about the circumstances of his death. I think rather than mindlessly celebrating how a lot of youtube users are viewing Mary Wilson dancing on Soul Train, a little more attention could be paid to the very serious issues of depression and suicide amongst the elderly and the reasons/causes of why the geriatric population may be underserved in terms of receiving effective mental health care. To get the ball rolling, here are a couple of links shedding light on the issue. I'll repost these in a separate thread so it can be only discussed.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publi...et/index.shtml

http://www.ec-online.net/knowledge/S...noverview.html

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Starting threads to celebrate the work of the late Don Corneilius is one thing. But this thread was started to marvel on how the suicide of Don Corneilius caused people to go to youtube, find the clip of Don and Mary Wilson dancing down the Soul Train line and thus potentially raise the name recognition value of Mary Wilson and urging Universal/Motown to release Mary's 1979 album to capitalize on this supposed heightend public awareness of Mary Wilson. That's not celebrating and honoring the work and legacy of Don Corneilius, it's a craven attempt by a few fanatical fans of Mary Wilson to celebrate what they believe to be a heightened awareness of who Mary Wilson is. IMO, it's in bad taste and it's pathetic especially given the nature of how Don Corneilius. The elephant in the room is that Don Corneilius killed himself. He put a bullet through his head. His family, friends and loved ones are now left behind having to deal with this violent, self inflicted end to his life. So far in all of the Don Corneilius related threads that I've read here there has been very little if any discussion about the circumstances of his death. I think rather than mindlessly celebrating how a lot of youtube users are viewing Mary Wilson dancing on Soul Train, a little more attention could be paid to the very serious issues of depression and suicide amongst the elderly and the reasons/causes of why the geriatric population may be underserved in terms of receiving effective mental health care. To get the ball rolling, here are a couple of links shedding light on the issue. I'll repost these in a separate thread so it can be only discussed.

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publi...et/index.shtml

http://www.ec-online.net/knowledge/S...noverview.html
    Look you already have a thread on the main forum about death and misery. Leave this thread alone. You cannot force us to pay attention to what YOU want us to pay attention to!

Marv

Besides, I prefer to remember the fun, good times and Mary dancing with Don was a big one!

Someone should write to all the R&B stations, newspapers and magazines,celebrating the highlights of Don's life[[includding the 70's Supremes event) and tell THEM to give seminars on suicide;
    you should also tell Tony Bennett how tacky it was to rush out his duet with Amy Whitehouse after her death; he SHOULD have gone on a lecture tour about the pitfalls of stardom;
    and how Miss Ross should have donated the proceeds of "Missing You' to gun control groups;
    and VH1 which rushed to rebroadcast the SOUL TRAIN special featuring Mary wilson, should have conducted an on line chat about suicide AND gun control while the documentary aired;
    when you do all that get back to us, OK?....Touch!

Quote Originally Posted by jimi lalumia View Post
    someone should write to all the r&b stations, newspapers and magazines,celebrating the highlights of don's life[[includding the 70's supremes event) and tell them to give seminars on suicide;
    you should also tell tony bennett how tacky it was to rush out his duet with amy whitehouse after her death; he should have gone on a lecture tour about the pitfalls of stardom;
    and how miss ross should have donated the proceeds of "missing you' to gun control groups;
    and vh1 which rushed to rebroadcast the soul train special featuring mary wilson, should have conducted an on line chat about suicide and gun control while the documentary aired;
    when you do all that get back to us, ok?....touch!
    ouch!!! Lol!

Don Cornelius

the reasons for don's suicide was already brought up when Jobete posted all the details many posts ago one being his health issues, and the clinging wife who he wanted a clean break with enough said. Tonight on kiss 98.7 fm in new york they are going to devote a whole hour to the life and times of Don Cornelius, these celebrations are going to be going on for the next week or two, this morning Roberta Flack, called to espress her grieve and to give accolades for all he has done for black artists, it was also followed by call ins from Stephanie Mills, and Cuba Gooding Jr., I was hoping they would get Mary but the tributes will continue whether the haters on here like it or not. I will never forget the first time I saw Soul Train on Oct. 2, 1971 i happened by it on accident, it featured Glaldys Knight and the pips who did Friendship Train, The HOnecone and Eddie Kendricks who just left the Temptations. Now they are sellingthe complete Soul Train episodes on Tv halleighuh!!!!
    Last edited by franjoy56; 02-05-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: mispelling

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    the reasons for don's suicide was already brought up when Jobete posted all the details many posts ago one being his health issues, and the clinging wife who he wanted a clean break with enough said. Tonight on kiss 98.7 fm in new york they are going to devote a whole hour to the life and times of Don Cornelius, these celebrations are going to be going on for the next week or two, this morning Roberta Flack, called to espress her grieve and to give accolades for all he has done for black artists, it was also followed by call ins from Stephanie Mills, and Cuba Gooding Jr., I was hoping they would get Mary but the tributes will continue whether the haters on here like it or not. I will never forget the first time I saw Soul Train on Oct. 2, 1971 i happened by it on accident, it featured Glaldys Knight and the pips who did Friendship Train, The HOnecone and Eddie Kendricks who just left the Temptations. Now they are sellingthe complete Soul Train episodes on Tv halleighuh!!!!
    Hey Fran, I listen to it this morning too! I heard the interview they did with Roberta Flack, Leon Huff and Cuba Gooding Jr, who became quite emotional. I thought Bo-Legged Low of Full Force really gave great insight into Don Cornelius the man. I will be listening to Open Line again tonight on KISS

I am pretty sure Mary Wilson will get the opportunity to offer her remembrances of Don Cornelius and Soul Train soon.

atcsm Guest
    I hope so - please post the links when you find them. Thank you.

I am pretty sure Mary Wilson will get the opportunity to offer her remembrances of Don Cornelius and Soul Train soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    you should also tell Tony Bennett how tacky it was to rush out his duet with Amy Whitehouse after her death; he SHOULD have gone on a lecture tour about the pitfalls of stardom;
    and how Miss Ross should have donated the proceeds of "Missing You' to gun control groups;
    A tribute is not per sé tacky if the dead one was actually a friend or a major influence for the singer. Songs like "Missing you" or "Nightshift" are not really questionable, like Aretha Franklin's album with songs of Dinah Washington isn't. What is more questionable is the re-release of "Missing you" when lady Di died. For some, the Supremes album "We remember Sam Cooke" was too. But those are decisions of the records companies and the singers have little to do with it.

That was a Sony/BMG decision to include Missing You on the Diana POW tribute album not Miss Ross'. It also had the then current tribute to Notorious B.I.G., "I'll Be Missing You," on it which I thought was strange but also a Sony/BMG title. It wasn't reworked to radio. All the money went to the Princesses Charities not the artists. Sam Cooke was out of print in 1997 stateside so not sure where you got that info from.

People are still adding the video of Mary Wilson dancing with Don Cornelius to Youtube and all sorts of blogs.....Wow!

One guy described the clip as being 30 secs of one of television's greatest dance entertainment moments right behind Michaels' solo to "Billie Jean" on Motown 25.

You guys can't be serious

I really forgot how well of a dancer Mary Wilson was, very soulful

Quote Originally Posted by loveblind View Post
    I really forgot how well of a dancer Mary Wilson was, very soulful
    All yeah! If you look at any of those old clips of Mary solo or with the Supremes you will see that she was the one getting down! LOL!!!

atcsm Guest
    Has she had the opportunity yet? Please post.

That's when Mary Wilson was really pretty before she had some plastic surgeon turn her into Jay Leno's damn sister a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by motown4ever View Post
    That's when Mary Wilson was really pretty before she had some plastic surgeon turn her into Jay Leno's damn sister a few years back.
    I think Mary Wilson's chin is one of the most beautiful chins I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by motown4ever View Post
    that's when mary wilson was really pretty before she had some plastic surgeon turn her into jay leno's damn sister a few years back.
    if i keep reading these[supremes civil war]post i'll laugh myself to death!!

atcsm Guest
    What did she have to say? You said that she would comment on Don's death - what did she say? Did this viral video push sales of Walk the Line? What is the latest on Clarity - when will we get to buy it? What was your favorite part of Andy & George's show with John?

I will have to let Mary know about all of this. She is everywhere on the internet this week!

atcsm Guest
    To quote you Marv2 - no response? Waiting - crickets...............

Marv