[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mary Wilson goes Viral on You tube!

thanks to the SOUL TRAIN line dance that she shares with the late DON CORNELIUS...
    no need to worry if people will know who Mary Wilson is now; Release the solo, "Red Hot" album on CD!!!
    there are numerous editions of this footage all over You tube, The whole World's watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    thanks to the SOUL TRAIN line dance that she shares with the late DON CORNELIUS...
    no need to worry if people will know who Mary Wilson is now; Release the solo, "Red Hot" album on CD!!!
    there are numerous editions of this footage all over You tube, The whole World's watching!

I noticed that yesterday. IF anyone could get Don to dance, it would be Mary Wilson.

Yes,I'll never forget when The Supremes[[Mary,Jean,Lynda)were on Soul Train,when Supreme Mary Wilson ask to dance down the Soul Train Line,and then she ask Mr.Don Cornelius to dance with her,[[and he did)Mr.Cornelius said that,that was the first time that he ever dance down the Soul Train Line, i think it was his last,not sure,yes Jimi LaLumia,The Whole's Watching.[[smile)
    p.s also Supreme Jean Terrell and Lynda Laurence also danced down The Soul Train Line, with Don Cornelius
    Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Yes,I'll never forget when The Supremes[[Mary,Jean,Lynda)were on Soul Train,when Supreme Mary Wilson ask to dance down the Soul Train Line,and then she ask Mr.Don Cornelius to dance with her,[[and he did)Mr.Cornelius said that,that was the first time that he ever dance down the Soul Train Line, i think it was his last,not sure,yes Jimi LaLumia,The Whole's Watching.[[smile)
    p.s also Supreme Jean Terrell and Lynda Laurence also danced down The Soul Train Line, with Don Cornelius
    Please stay positive
    Redhot, the same thing is happening on other video sharing sites such as Dailymotion, etc. It will probably end up being the most famous Soul Train clip.

exactly, and Motown better get on the good foot with all the Mary Wilson awareness that will stick around for quite some time..
    someone who knows how to do it should also post the Soul Train performance of "I Guess I'll Miss The Man' and list it as a 'tribute to Don Cornelius"...cos now it is!
    [[I would but I have no clue how to go about it)..but Don Cornelius should be in the main You Tube head line!

I'm sad for Don but happy for Mary; it's great she's being seen as such a lovely way to remember the man and his show...

They are even talking about that legendary moment in the press. Check it out :

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_1...oneering-trip/

Video quality is not the greatest, but that was almost 40 years ago.

exactly, and Motown better get on the good foot with all the Mary Wilson awareness that will stick around for quite some time..
    someone who knows how to do it should also post the Soul Train performance of "I Guess I'll Miss The Man' and list it as a 'tribute to Don Cornelius"...cos now it is!
    [[I would but I have no clue how to go about it)..but Don Cornelius should be in the main You Tube head line!
    Someone has done just that! My friend Bubca! Check this out:

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Nice! Very cool video. I've seen other clips from this show with Mary, Jean and Lynda. It's a shame that SOME people still talk shit about Lynda being an offical member of The Supremes. I guess some children never grow up.

wow...that was fast...now let Motown get behind the track as a tribute to Don, and let's get this tribute started!!!

just checked this on You tube and if you want to get 'hits'/views, the following phrase,[[Tribute To Don Cornelius) should be in the title line, which is what draws people to that particular video..otherwise, GREAT!

VH1 is showing the SOUL TRAIN documentary right now..

that soul train show

i am now watching the first soul train ep with Gladys knight & the pips, eddie kendricks,
    and the fabulous Honeycone. The ep we are discussing with that now famous clip of Mary being the first artist to go down the soul train line with don, features the the Supremes in four count them appearances, in addition to I guess Ill miss the man, they did Floy Joy, Stoned Love and the fabulous Bad Weather unlipsynched that was one of the best Supremes perfornaces ever, Lynda and Mary were really in synch on stage, too bad it got not too pretty. rip don you put our music for the world to see.

Viral is right!!! WOW!! the one with the most views has 317,000 views!!!!! I'm just waiting for Jobeterob to come in this thread and tell us how only a couple hundred people care about these older music personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Viral is right!!! WOW!! the one with the most views has 317,000 views!!!!! I'm just waiting for Jobeterob to come in this thread and tell us how only a couple hundred people care about these older music personalities.

As dumb as that would be, he will try it. hehehehehehehe........!

smark21 Guest
    I'm glad you all are finding something positive and uplifting from Don Corneilius putting a bullet through his head, thus leaving his family and loved ones behind to deal with the aftermath of a violent, self destructive act of a man who clearly needed help.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I'm glad you all are finding something positive and uplifting from Don Corneilius putting a bullet through his head, thus leaving his family and loved ones behind to deal with the aftermath of a violent, self destructive act of a man who clearly needed help.
    No, what we are finding is consolation and happiness in all the great, wonderful memories that he left us with. Only a jerk would ever misconstrue what we are feeling as coming from his tragic loss........ I know that is not all what you meant, right Smark?

Miss Ross had already recorded a song called "Missing You", which became a tribute to Marvin Gaye after his father shot him...I don't recall anyone calling out Miss Ross on such an obvious move...so STFU!
    Last edited by Jimi LaLumia; 02-04-2012 at 07:47 PM.

atcsm Guest
    Wow -such venom. I have to respectfully agree with Smark on this. You don't see people hawking videos of Miss Ross winning the 1995 Soul Train Heritage Award. Go ahead - blast away.
    Miss Ross had already recorded a song called "Missing You", which became a tribute to Marvin Gaye after his father shot him...I don't recall anyone calling out Miss Ross on such an obvious move...so STFU!

Where do you get off telling someone to shut the bleep up?

Couldn't you have simply stated that Lionel Ritchie wrote Missing you as a tribute to Marvin Gaye and Diana recorded and released it without the cussing and nastiness?

Shame on you Jimi LaLumia.

Roberta

Mary Wilson looks gorgeous as usual and she can dance! I know that she is sad of Don's passing as they had been friends for many years. I saw this clip in the special they had on last night about Soul Train!

Sorry for the intense reaction, but MISSING YOU was out, the album was done, and selling, BEFORE the death of Marvin Gaye; I remember being taken aback when it SUDDENLY became a Marvin Gaye tribute;it was NOT written as a tribute to Marvin, it was already recorded and released!
    Swept Away was released in the summer of 84. Missing you was released in late 1984 or early 1985. Marvin was killed in April 1984 so your math doesn't quite add up.

I am noticing that people are now starting to use the clip on blogs such as this one from KISS-FM Detroit. Check it out!

http://kissdetroit.com/videos/fantas...h-mary-wilson/

atcsm Guest
    Wow - you are just giddy with delight over this man shooting himself in the head because Miss Wilson is getting some publicity. Wow - just wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I am noticing that people are now starting to use the clip on blogs such as this one from KISS-FM Detroit. Check it out!

http://kissdetroit.com/videos/fantas...h-mary-wilson/

the last time I checked, this was a MOTOWN Forum, not a Don Cornelius Forum, and there was a direct relationship between Don and the 70's Supremes,which is a matter of interest in this forum...
    he supported the group ,all versions, through the 70's,and he was clearly delighted by his Mary Wilson moment
    , as witness the prime spot selection/inclusion in the Vh1 Soul Train documentary;
    this moment, dancing with Mary, Jean and Lynda obviously brought great joy to Don,and clearly you CAN"T STAND that fact...
    go grind your teeth somewhere else..
    Last edited by Jimi LaLumia; 02-04-2012 at 08:47 PM.

atcsm Guest
    such venom -calm down

the last time I checked, this was a MOTOWN Forum, not a Don Cornelius Forum, and there was a direct relationship between Don and the 70's Supremes,which is a matter of interest in this forum...
    he supported the group ,all versions, through the 70's,and he was clearly delighted by his Mary Wilson moment
    , as witness the prime spot selection/inclusion in the Vh1 Soul Train documentary;
    this moment, dancing with Mary, Jean and Lynda obviously brought great joy to Don,and clearly you CAN"T STAND that fact...
    go grind your teeth somewhere else..

venom?...YOU'RE the one accusing people of being delighted about a suicide..this thread was fine until the haters decided to hitch a ride, as usual... if anyone introduced venom into the mix, it is you..

atcsm Guest
    Yea - man shoots himself in head - now the world knows who Mary Wilson is. Tragic, just tragic.

venom?...YOU'RE the one accusing people of being delighted about a suicide..this thread was fine until the haters decided to hitch a ride, as usual... if anyone introduced venom into the mix, it is you..

If you Google "Mary Wilson and Don Cornelius", page after page, after page comes up with blogs talking about this one particular episode of Soul Train. This is really amazing!

...and this is ONLY the beginning!...this will be the penultimate moment in SOUL TRAIN history!...and the haters will just HAVE to get over it!!!

atcsm Guest
    Yea - man dead - Mary gets publicity!
    If you Google "Mary Wilson and Don Cornelius", page after page, after page comes up with blogs talking about this one particular episode of Soul Train. This is really amazing!

Just think of the 100's, maybe 1000's of guests and shows Don had, it took Mary Wilson to get him to dance for the first and the last time on his dance program. Mary is just the BOMB! LOL!

atcsm Guest
    Yea dead man! Why wasn't this news a few days ago. Bless your heart.
    Just think of the 100's, maybe 1000's of guests and shows Don had, it took Mary Wilson to get him to dance for the first and the last time on his dance program. Mary is just the BOMB! LOL!

poor,bitter little horror...lol..

poor,bitter little horror...lol..
    I was just about to say that atscm sounds very bitter. If he has a problem with our thread here, he should take it up with Ralph. There's no need for him to go through Super Bowl weekend all sour and bitter. hehehehehehehehehehe!

Mary Rocks! What can I say?

atcsm Guest
    not bitter at all - I think Mary looks beautiful her and a little bit vulnerable - I just think it is sad that it took a man's death to bring this up. I saw her recently in concert here and thanked her for the joy she has brought to my life. I'm just sad that the few of you are rejoicing in the tragic death of a great man.
    I was just about to say that atscm sounds very bitter. If he has a problem with our thread here, he should take it up with Ralph. There's no need for him to go through Super Bowl weekend all sour and bitter. hehehehehehehehehehe!

Mary Rocks! What can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by atcsm View Post
    not bitter at all - I think Mary looks beautiful her and a little bit vulnerable - I just think it is sad that it took a man's death to bring this up. I saw her recently in concert here and thanked her for the joy she has brought to my life. I'm just sad that the few of you are rejoicing in the tragic death of a great man.

That's great but you are a liar. There is no one hear rejoicing in the death of Don Cornelius. I loved his work and what he did for us, the Black Community and America as a whole. So I'll leave it at that. No more wasting time on someone who is intentionally lying. All anyone has to do it read down this thread.

Thanks

I will have to let Mary know about all of this. She is everywhere on the internet this week!

atcsm Guest
    and she and Susaye have called you out - best Susaye quote -"Marv, you weren't there...

I will have to let Mary know about all of this. She is everywhere on the internet this week!
    Last edited by atcsm; 02-04-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atcsm View Post
    and she and Susaye have called you out - best Susaye quote -"Marv, you werne't there...
    LOL. Susaye is a very smart woman.

Do yourself a favor atcsm and stick marv2 on ignore. You'll get nowhere with an irrational person like that.

Roberta

When did Susaye tell Marv he wasn't there? Refer me to the thread somebody. Help me somebody..............!

Now Susaye is in there with the Universal people and a few of the fans that were really there, oh, and Mary too.

I wonder how you go tell Mary when she doesn't know you. Perhaps one of those "I dreamed it things" and then it happens...............the kind Diane often had, got her in the Wiz and all?? One of those?

atcsm Guest
    It was long ago on AOL thread - Marv was spouting his lies & Susaye said called him out - priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    When did Susaye tell Marv he wasn't there? Refer me to the thread somebody. Help me somebody..............!

Now Susaye is in there with the Universal people and a few of the fans that were really there, oh, and Mary too.

I wonder how you go tell Mary when she doesn't know you. Perhaps one of those "I dreamed it things" and then it happens...............the kind Diane often had, got her in the Wiz and all?? One of those?

a bunch of schoolgirls pulling each others pigtails..
    and in the meantime, the combined total of views on YouTube of Mary and Don are just over a half a million, one youtube video alone is at 350,000...the combined total will be a million views in a week's time..
    back to pigtails pulling,girls...

Mary on Soul Train

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

Only the nose knows Jobeterob. Go back to sleep because there is no fight here. Mary knows........!

a bunch of schoolgirls pulling each others pigtails..
    and in the meantime, the combined total of views on YouTube of Mary and Don are just over a half a million, one youtube video alone is at 350,000...the combined total will be a million views in a week's time..
    back to pigtails pulling,girls...
    I am happy to hear that. I do think it is sad that these few guys are so bitter and upset that many,many people, especially young people will see Mary and Don. I am sure they will want to check her out further from all of this.

I also find it a bit hilarious how far these dudes will go to try to pick a fight out of nothing! LOL!!!!

Don Cornelius Tributes

Right on to both Marv2 and Jim Lammina, what is wrong with us celebrating the life and times of Don Cornelius a man who brought much joy to tv viewers in a time when we couldn't hope to see our artists on tv in the 70's, consistently when shows like American Bandstand would feature a black artist here and there, Don came along and created a monopoly that should never die. The Supremes received justice by appearing on the show at leat three or four times, and Mary was the first artist to go down the soul train line with this man, Jean and Lynda became the second such artists. Is Bet and VHI wrong for also broadcasting The Soul Train documentary featuring Don Cornelius. Its a shame Don had troubles recently with his health and other issues, but it does not take away from what he created and he needs to be remembered in a positive way inspite of the tragedy.

I bet had Mary not took off for Europe after the release of "Mary Wilson" in late 1979, Don would had her all over Soul Train to perform some of the cuts from the album. Oh well......

Quote Originally Posted by franjoy56 View Post
    Right on to both Marv2 and Jim Lammina, what is wrong with us celebrating the life and times of Don Cornelius a man who brought much joy to tv viewers in a time when we couldn't hope to see our artists on tv in the 70's, consistently when shows like American Bandstand would feature a black artist here and there, Don came along and created a monopoly that should never die. The Supremes received justice by appearing on the show at leat three or four times, and Mary was the first artist to go down the soul train line with this man, Jean and Lynda became the second such artists. Is Bet and VHI wrong for also broadcasting The Soul Train documentary featuring Don Cornelius. Its a shame Don had troubles recently with his health and other issues, but it does not take away from what he created and he needs to be remembered in a positive way inspite of the tragedy.
    Amen Sister! Thank you Fran. Don Cornelius was truly a pioneer and in a lot of ways went under recognized. I am sure he knew people admired and respected his accomplishments, but I highly doubt that he knew just how much! I doubt he knew how big of an impact he made on popular culture all over the World!