[REMOVE ADS]

David Peaston RIP

Sad to hear of the passing of Grammy Award Winning David Peaston, Gospel singer aged 54, I had David's first album and several albums with tracks he did. David suffered from diabtes and sadly had to have his legs amputated but he still returned in 2006 with an album with 8 new tracks and some of his hits.

David's version of "God Bless This Child" was a track that really touched me.

May He Rest in Peace!

Man! It's not letting up is it? I remember David Peaston's first nights on "Showtime at the Apollo" when he was in competition over 20 years ago now. He had the crowd roaring with applause of approval. He was an exciting singer and also the nephew of Fontella Bass [["Rescue Me"). Rest in peace David, you done good!

Marv

Wow! Me and Russell Thompkins Jr. just mention his name yesterday..Talking about his album and his chops[[voice)
    RIP....

Another sad entry.......RIP DP........

I always heard David was Fontella's younger brother. R.I.P. David. What a great voice. You are missed.

Quote Originally Posted by caliluv View Post
    I always heard David was Fontella's younger brother. R.I.P. David. What a great voice. You are missed.
    You're correct. Fontella is David's sister.

Love the duet he did on Gladys Knights Good Woman CD..... R.I.P. David

Soooo many amazing talented people leaving us at such a young age. It's just sad.

Great clip from David Sanborn's Night Music Show. Hiram Bullock on guitar is also gone too soon. Marcus Miller on bass, Omar Hakim on drums and I believe that's Onaje Gumbs on piano. What a great sound

RIP Mr. Peaston.

His 'Introducing David Peaston' album was a fine release & very popular here in the UK. RIP

Sad News,R.I.P My Brother David Peaston.

He put his foot in this Eddie Kendrick's classic

Thanks Jay for that clip. What a phenomenal voice.

Many internet sellers still have that first album "Introducing David Peaston" it is well worth purchasing still, as real solid album.

Like many Great Artists who have left us no one can take away the fine legacy they have left us in their music.

"Introducing" is a must have lp in wax or $30 and up CD version. He kills God Bless The Child and Eddie Kendick's Can I. R.I.P David ,thank you and may GOD Bless your soul.

Didn't know if to start a new thread or not, but in 2006 it was stated that David released a new album "Songbook - Songs Of Soul Inspiration" it was supposed to have previous hits and previous hits remixes along with 8 new tracks.

One of the new tracks a six minute version of Whitney Houston's "Why did it Hurt so Bad" you can hear it on David's MySpace page;

http://www.myspace.com/davidpeaston

I have searched every site to try and find a copy of this album, does anyone know if it was ever released? I have all David's other albums and ones he worked on with his Family and a Jazz album but not this one!