[REMOVE ADS]

Who would be perfect to play Sam Cooke?

I think Larenz Tate looks like him and the only one who can play him.Another choice would be from Cadillac Records Columbus short but who looks like Sam Cooke cause looking at You send me he kinda favors Columbus Short but looking at images he looks more like Larenz Tate to me.

Quote Originally Posted by homebody View Post
    I think Larenz Tate looks like him and the only one who can play him.Another choice would be from Cadillac Records Columbus short but who looks like Sam Cooke cause looking at You send me he kinda favors Columbus Short but looking at images he looks more like Larenz Tate to me.
    Tristan Wilds, Mehcad Brooks, Evan Ross or Jesse Williams.

Roberta

I dont think any of those look like Sam but Tristan Wilds may be a good actor but Columbus Short I believe may be the only one who really resembles Sam Cooke and could play him and he is young so can play up to Sams death.

Had they made the film years ago, Paul Mooney would have been perfect for the role.

Two words: Jesse L. Martin, formerly for Law and Order.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyfunk View Post
    Two words: Jesse L. Martin, formerly for Law and Order.
    I thought he was tapped to play Marvin Gaye?

Hmmmm....not a bad choice either.

What about Terrence Howard?

I think Columbus Short would be perfect, dude got chops for days...........him and Eamonn Walker [[Howlin Wolf) were the best thing about Cadillac Records.

Name:  columbus-short-11.jpg
Views: 9486
Size:  15.1 KB

uptight Guest
    I remember there was discussion about Usher being considered to play Marvin Gaye in a film role. Maybe Usher could play Sam Cooke.

As far as singing, I think Grady Harrell [["Sticks and Stones") sounds the most like Sam Cooke that I've ever heard.

I thought Grayson Hugh sounded a lot like Sam too. But obviously he doesn't look enough like him!

Usher to me looks more like Marvin Gaye where Sam Cooke I think Columbus Short looks so much like him but as far as biopics no plans have been made.

This is Sam Cooke.......

I mentioned Paul Mooney earlier and just realized that Paul had played Sam Cooke in the "Buddy Holly Story" starring Gary Busey.

Sorta favors Blair Underwood

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I mentioned Paul Mooney earlier and just realized that Paul had played Sam Cooke in the "Buddy Holly Story" starring Gary Busey.
    Paul Mooney is a good choice.

Yes columbus short does have the look,as for lorenz tate[i'm saving him for the clyde mcphatter story]!

Don't know about his acting skills but fashion model Wendell Lissimore has a strong resemblance to Cooke Name:  wendell1.jpg
Views: 5763
Size:  45.9 KBName:  wendelllissimore071.jpg
Views: 4795
Size:  34.3 KBName:  wendellsuit.jpg
Views: 1860
Size:  88.9 KB
    Last edited by glencro; 02-08-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Would be great to see his story come to life