[REMOVE ADS]

Future Motown Releases on ACE

Juist ordered Eddie Holland and would like to say a zillion thanks to Ace for releasing their FABULOUS Motown artist CDS. I was wondering, as all of the releases have been Male artists, apart from The Monitors of course, will there be a batch of Female artists????
    Also it seems nothing is mentioned about Reel Music anymore, i was especially excited about the Chris Clark record, anyone know anymore?
    Please, PLEASE some more Martha Reeves and the Vandellas, Copacabana show and more unreleased tracks would be FAB!!!!!!!

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  21.1 KB
    I hope they will do one on Linda Griner [[who has enough vaulted cuts for a short CD, with the 2 released cuts added).

"Envious", "Good-bye Cruel Love" and Mr. misery are great. I assume that several othersare as well, as they were written by Smokey [[and produced by him).

I agree robb, also Carolyn Crawford."Envious" is real class.

I'd like to see an ACE CD of the Spinners '67 release "Original Spinners" combined with a round up of the tracks released via CFOM, other released material and any vaulted tracks from the '64-'68 period.

I'd also like to see a release of the shelved Contours "It's So Hard Being A Loser" bundled with any other released and unreleased material from the '65-67 period including any tracks recoreded as Dennis Edwards.

I also really hope the Reel Music's "Ivy Jo Is In The Bag" and Blinky projects are still alive? Fingers crossed.

Reel Music is dead! No website, no response to emails etc. So no Blinky/Ivy Jo/Thelma

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Views: 595
    I hope they will do one on Linda Griner [[who has enough vaulted cuts for a short CD, with the 2 released cuts added).

"Envious", "Good-bye Cruel Love" and Mr. misery are great. I assume that several othersare as well, as they were written by Smokey [[and produced by him).
    Linda has a complete Smokey written/produced album in the vault. Doubt if it will ever see the light of day

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Linda has a complete Smokey written/produced album in the vault. Doubt if it will ever see the light of day
Views: 505
    That's what I was referring to, as the source for the bulk of the CD cuts.

Is it fact Reel Music have ceased trading or is this supposition based on the available evidence?

If it is a fact then it is very regreattable.

The Ivy Jo and Blinky projects were very worthy indeed. Any chance of ACE taking them up?

didn't someone at Ace hint at an official release of the ric tic/ golden world catalog.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by the sound of young america View Post
    Is it fact Reel Music have ceased trading or is this supposition based on the available evidence?

If it is a fact then it is very regrettable.

The Ivy Jo and Blinky projects were very worthy indeed. Any chance of ACE taking them up?
    Based on what I have been told plus my own contact with Reel or should I say lack of it. The web site was taken down in Dec and most of their releases have simply vanished into thin air. It was I who first approached Paul Williams about getting BLINKY FREE FROM THE VAULTS. I'm really very sad about how it's turned out. Maybe Paul will read & respond to this.........

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    Based on what I have been told plus my own contact with Reel or should I say lack of it. The web site was taken down in Dec and most of their releases have simply vanished into thin air. It was I who first approached Paul Williams about getting BLINKY FREE FROM THE VAULTS. I'm really very sad about how it's turned out. Maybe Paul will read & respond to this.........
    I'm disappointed in this as well, Copley. The Blinky project was anticipated, but was too good to be true. Weren't we told some time ago to never expect a release on Ric Tic/Golden World because of some legal matter? There have been bootlegs of this material, but no official release. I'd like to see ACE pick up the Blinky and Carolyn Crawford ideas. Ditto for Ivy Jo. I'm pretty sure a Spinners' disc is coming from ACE. Why would someone be seeking interviews with Bobbie Smith and Henry Fambrough?