[REMOVE ADS]

Faith, Hope & Charity

Apologies if this has been covered before, but i've been searching the internet tonight, and it seems that there has never been a Greatest Hits-type release by FH&C on CD. Does anyone know any different?

I've been looking for years and no luck. They deserve a release for sure! I saw them open for The Supremes when Jean first joined. What a show that was! Their "So Much Love" about brought the house down! I've also been searching for info on Albert Bailey of the group. Wonder whatever happened to him?
    Last edited by blueskies; 01-26-2012 at 09:18 PM.

I don't think I've ever seen ANY CDs by FAITH HOPE & CHARITY, and I would have thought that at least their RCA LP with "To Each His Own" would have made it to CD!! Certainly I've never seen or heard of a "Greatest Hits" package.

Blueskies .. Interesting that you ask about Albert Bailey .. one of my most treasured '70s mellow-groove 45s is a song by BRENDA & ALBERT released on the Sussex distributed Clarama label [[I think Clay McMurray had some involvement with it). It was years before I found out that Brenda and Albert were both members of FAITH HOPE & CHARITY. At last it has got posted on Youtube.

BRENDA & ALBERT - "This Has Happened Before".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mDWGADoavg

Roger

Would love to have a cd boxset of all their Van McCoy produced albums of which I have 3 on LP.

Roger, Thank you for the youtube of Brenda and Albert. I had never heard of that. Great song. A box set would be super. Still wondering whatever happened to Albert. He had a nice voice.
    http://www.soulcellar.co.uk/faith/Disc.html
    Last edited by blueskies; 01-27-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Name:  FHC.jpg
Views: 2595
Size:  23.1 KB

To Each His Own is their only song that has been issued on Cd.

Quote Originally Posted by brother_love View Post
    Name:  FHC.jpg
Views: 2595
Size:  23.1 KB

To Each His Own is their only song that has been issued on Cd.
    I think I read or heard somewhere on the internet that Albert Bailey AND and Diane Destry are deceased. But I'm not 100 percent certain. The members of the group do seem to have disappeared.

I did hear that about Diane Destry, but I've never heard anything about Albert Bailey and what he did after the group parted.

Thanx for posting this. I wasn't very familiar with their music so of course looked them up. Really great song from Brenda & Albert [["This Has Happened Before"). Saw this Soul Train clip online

They were on 4 labels.
    MAXWELL, SUSSEX, RCA and 2oth CENTURY. Zulema Cusseaux was replaced by Diane Destry in 73 when the group moved to RCA from SUSSEX. Zulema had two solo LP's on SUSSEX in 72 and 73 before she moved on to RCA also. Her work as part of the group when they were on SUSSEX and the first two solo albums of hers had made me a fan of hers ,such that I have collected her 3 RCA albums and one on the LeJoint lable. She is another casualty of the combination of changing tastes in the genre during the early 70's and poor promotion on the part of RCA.
    A multi talented writer and performer ,she should have had more than the cult following she did aquire. If you don't recognize the name ,it's worth the time to GOOGLE and research her.

I found this in the SDF Archives!!!!!!!!!!!! http://soulfuldetroit.com/archives/1...tml?1084839842
    Last edited by daddyacey; 01-30-2012 at 02:06 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8KU-...f=list_related

Another one of my fav's by Faith, Hope and Charity...........

Here is a link to what happened to Diane Destry

http://jameshartlinereport.blogspot....trying-to.html