[REMOVE ADS]

Tracee Ellis Ross Nominated for Two Image Awards

Despite starring in a hit comedy, Tracee Ellis Ross said her NAACP Image Award nomination was a surprise.

“We’re a first-year show, and it really was unexpected, and it’s really wonderful for us. We’ve worked really hard to do something new that hasn’t been done in a while. I thank the NAACP,” the “Reed Between the Lines” actress told “Access Hollywood.”

Tracee's co-star, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, also received a nod, as did their show, which picked up a nomination for Outstanding Comedy Series. It is up against another BET series, “The Game,” TV One’s “Love That Girl!” starring Tatyana Ali and “Tyler Perry’s House of Payne.”

“There’s some amazing talent. There’s just so much talent that is working,” Tracee said, giving props to her fellow Outstanding Actress in a Comedy Series nominees Tia Mowry, Vanessa Williams, Keshia Knight Pulliam and Maya Rudolph to name a few.

Tracee was also nominated in the Outstanding Actress in a Television Movie, Mini-Series or Dramatic Special category for her work in Lifetime’s Five.

“Genuinely, I had no idea… I didn’t know that I had been submitted for Five. I’m really tickled,” said Tracee, who wasn’t even tipped off by the fact that she was asked to announce the nominees.

Although she’s been to several Image Award ceremonies in the past, Tracee said this year will stand out.

"It’ll be pretty special, and also I love what I do, and I love being on television, and I was really happy to come back with something I was proud of and to come back as a producer as well," she said. "To be able to come back and celebrate that first year and my reentrance back to television with an Image Award nomination is exciting.”

She added, “I can’t wait to call my mom and to call Malcolm.”

Check out a full list of NAACP Image Award nominees here.

Watch Tracee’s interview below.

They hand out awards for anything,that show stinks[it tries too hard to be cosby]and it's corny tired jokes don't help either.

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    They hand out awards for anything,that show stinks[it tries too hard to be cosby]and it's corny tired jokes don't help either.
    Come on JAI. Stop holding back, come on and tell us how you really feel about it? LOL!