[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Only if I can call out for Tina Turner over it then tell everyone I wouldn't give her the microphone cause she's tough hehe

ahhh Til Johnny Comes....definitely one of my favorites...

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    Excellent job on "You Gave Me Love", Johnny. Always one of my faves!
    Joseph...thank you MUCH!!! Mine too.....

Doesn't "Ladder" just fill you with joy? Beautious!

John, you've done a wonderful job tonight. Backgrounds on Discover Me, and You Gave Me Love, both produced by Johnny Bristol, right? I'll have to do some research. Never heard them isolated. John, why don't you hurry up and come listen to the backgrounds in the studio with me? Notice how much the background vocals on Til Johnny Comes sound just like the Merry Christmas album? You've done such a great job on these mixes, lots of fun, as always. My apologies to Jean, I have to go to bed [[early morning tomorrow), but love to you John and to everyone listening.

Without thinking, back in the day, I began pronouncing Heaven as Hev-un [[as Jean does) and not Hev-en [[as Mary & Cindy do) at church in choir and got told about it at a practice in front of the entire choir. But I still love you Jean. All is forgiven!

Ok, 1 more post. I love that version of Up The Ladder! Yes, we'll have to see about getting that track.

WooHoo But I Love You More! thank you DJ JOhnny!

Love the horns & what you've done with them in this mix! Simply fantabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    Ok, 1 more post. I love that version of Up The Ladder! Yes, we'll have to see about getting that track.
    Don't toy with me, Mister! Thank you ANDY....I appreciate your kind words very much! Wonderful having you....

Was Henny One related to Henny Youngman?

Frank Wilson has said that Everybody's Got The Right To Love would have done much better with a different mix. Too bad you weren't mixing for Motown in the 70's- this mix would have been a SMASH!

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    WooHoo But I Love You More! thank you DJ JOhnny!
    So glad you liked it, Tone!

These Jean era mixes are all truly "Right On" and fabulous......

Listening to these Jean songs................I know why they chose her to take Diana's spot...........the voice has some similar phrasing; and Jean can move through a song quickly like Diana could; you wouldn't want a thick voiced singer doing those songs.

Now I realize those ladies in the background of Take A Closer Look aren't Supremes; thanks Mary B for that.

the JT stuff is Awesome Johnny! I don't mind that you shelved Someday.. hehe

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Love the horns & what you've done with them in this mix! Simply fantabulous!
    Thank you, Carole!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    These Jean era mixes are all truly "Right On" and fabulous......
    Thanks so much Glen!

Who are the background voices on The Day Between Sunday and Monday? They sure can hold a note.

Paula Deen should remake that jingle for her diabetes products...

Andy is previewing Diana 76' Wowee Oowie Baby!

Thanks John for such a fantastic journey through the Supremes sequined laden catalog these past 2 weeks. Harry, Andy and George need to get you on the payroll to do mixes for the next expanded sets. Enjoy your week!

You keep topping yourself! So many great remixes! [[all those beautiful buried strings!) Thanks John for another great show. Thanks everyone. See you next time.

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    the JT stuff is Awesome Johnny! I don't mind that you shelved Someday.. hehe
    Phew....thanks. Tone! That's a relief [[*smile)!

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Who are the background voices on The Day Between Sunday and Monday? They sure can hold a note.
    I'm thinking Andantes, Carole.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Thanks John for such a fantastic journey through the Supremes sequined laden catalog these past 2 weeks. Harry, Andy and George need to get you on the payroll to do mixes for the next expanded sets. Enjoy your week!
    Glen....thanks...and thanks for your support....now...if Harry and Andy are listening to you...I come real cheap...[[*grin)

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticated_soul View Post
    You keep topping yourself! So many great remixes! [[all those beautiful buried strings!) Thanks John for another great show. Thanks everyone. See you next time.
    Joseph....thank you, my friend! Yes...those strings...let's see what more I can turn up in the line of strings.

I want to thank you all for a[[nother) wonderful time. I am grateful and pleased that you liked my tampering with our Holy Grail. And I appreciate that you know I do it with the utmost love and respect for you all and the music. Thank you all so much! See you next week for Jim Bagley's 2nd Philly "Listener's Choice" Show...YEA....PHILLY!