[REMOVE ADS]

dzMusica Guest

Bobby Womack and Mary Wells: Lovers?

I believe Unsung was trying to tell us something without speaking it. Twice on Bobby Womacks episode he showed a picture of him and Mary Wells when they were talking about him and Sam Cookes wife. On the bumper for the show her name is under his. I'm quite sure Unsung didn't make a mistake but were trying to tell use Mary was with a third Womack.

Oh boy....
    wait til Randy Russi sees this question here...LOL.......

HELL NO!Mary did not get involved with Curtis til after she was divorced from Cecil.

Quote Originally Posted by dzMusica View Post
    I believe Unsung was trying to tell us something without speaking it. Twice on Bobby Womacks episode he showed a picture of him and Mary Wells when they were talking about him and Sam Cookes wife. On the bumper for the show her name is under his. I'm quite sure Unsung didn't make a mistake but were trying to tell use Mary was with a third Womack.
    I noticed that mistake Unsung made when they used a picture of Mary Wells thinking it was Barbara Cook - Womack. They've made mistakes like this before in episodes like the one for Deniece Williams.

Mary Wells was not involved with Bobby Womack. Unsung was not attempting to "tell us" anything about them.

Does Mary have children by both brothers?

Mary & Cecil have 3 children together Meech Wells[[Cecil D. Womack,II)Stacy Womack-Henderson, & Shorty Womack[[Harry) Meech born 1968,Stacy '70 & Shorty '74. Mary & Curtis have 1 Sugar Wells born in '87.

Thanks Motony. Wasn't trying to be snarky, I was just wondering if my memory was serving me right.

I've just seen on a website that Cecil Womack died in Africa this week. He was a great songwriter and the cuts that he wrote for Mary Wells really sound good to these ears.