[REMOVE ADS]

Doesn't Martha Reeves look a little like Whoopi Goldberg?

I was looking at some old Martha and the Vandellas clips and one of the members looked like Whoopi Goldberg maybe its not Martha who I am thinking of.
    Whoopi is darker but Martha is not as dark but their face looks similar as in similar features and on Sister Act Whoopi looked like Martha when she was singing "heatwave" but Whoopi always reminded of Martha Reeves when looking at old videos like Heatwave or them singing.Maybe it was another member of the Vandellas I dont know it get them mixed up but I was thinking Whoopi Goldberg kinda resembles Martha Reeves.A young Whoopi Goldberg I think Martha in her younger years resembled her.
    Last edited by homebody; 01-17-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Martha Reeves was beautiful, gorgeous in her younger years and onward. She looks nothing like Whoopi Goldberg whatsoever!

dzMusica Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by homebody View Post
    I was looking at some old Martha and the Vandellas clips and one of the members looked like Whoopi Goldberg maybe its not Martha who I am thinking of.
    Whoopi is darker but Martha is not as dark but their face looks similar as in similar features and on Sister Act Whoopi looked like Martha when she was singing "heatwave" but Whoopi always reminded of Martha Reeves when looking at old videos like Heatwave or them singing.Maybe it was another member of the Vandellas I dont know it get them mixed up but I was thinking Whoopi Goldberg kinda resembles Martha Reeves.A young Whoopi Goldberg I think Martha in her younger years resembled her.
    Are you talking about the girl always standing in the middle? On that heatwave video, on youtube thats Betty Kelly. But they always had makeup on so who knows what they really look like. Some people said Martha was pretty though.

This is Jimmy Mack if you pause at 2:02 the girl on the far left looks like Whoopi Goldberg but is that Martha Reeves http://youtu.be/HmfVFJBZUBA

dzMusica Guest
    This is Jimmy Mack if you pause at 2:02 the girl on the far left looks like Whoopi Goldberg but is that Martha Reeves http://youtu.be/HmfVFJBZUBA
    No, actually that is not a picture of Martha & the Vandellas.

dzMusica Guest
    Martha looks like that picture they have of Yvonne Vernee on the soulful detroit homepage. But thats not even that accurate as Martha tended to look different in pictures back then. For instance, some pictures she looks like Yvonne, then in about 2 or 3 she looks like Beyonce, then some she looks like herself [[how she looks today). Then some she looks light-skinned, then some dark-skinned.... Lol Anyways, this from the outside looking in.

It has to be a picture of them because when I searched in "martha and the vandellas" on images that same picture was there and I think thats Martha and the Vandellas otherwise it would not have even been on the images.

dzMusica Guest
    It has to be a picture of them because when I searched in "martha and the vandellas" on images that same picture was there and I think thats Martha and the Vandellas otherwise it would not have even been on the images.
    Trust, its not them. All you have to do is look at the pictures before and after that one. But to answer your question, that is not Martha. Everyone else is going to tell u the same thing.

I have no idea who that is at 2:02 but it definitely is not the Vandellas...it kind of looks like the Pointers in their early days but the ladies in the photo are way too old to be them at that time. And whoever posted that video has another photo of another "definitely not Vandellas" group at the end of the video. I won't say who they are, but just for a hint, well, someday they'll be together.

Kelly Rowland looks like Mary Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Kelly Rowland looks like Mary Wilson.
    I think so too. Both ladies have kind of a "chameleon" quality in that the way they wear their hair and makeup transforms them into looking quite different at times. I remember at the R&R Hall of Fame event when the Sups were ushered in, Mary looked almost like Tina Turner even though in terms of features Wilson and Turner are nothing alike.

The photo at 2:02 is from when Martha performed in AIN'T MISBEHAVIN'. Martha is in the middle. I'm not sure who the other ladies are, but they aren't Roz, Annette, or Lois and Delphine.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    The photo at 2:02 is from when Martha performed in AIN'T MISBEHAVIN'. Martha is in the middle. I'm not sure who the other ladies are, but they aren't Roz, Annette, or Lois and Delphine.
    Wow, I could never have id'd that as Martha...thanks for clarifying.

dzMusica Guest
    That was a good catch there homebody. I saw that picture and said 'That ain't them'. I was looking for a younger Martha. Anyways, it is her with two non-traditional vandellas. There is a better picture in color online. But they are billed as Martha Reeves and the vandellas.

Kelly Rowland looks like Donna Summer not Mary Wilson ,you can see pictures of Donna Summer and in her younger days and she looks just like Donna Summer.

Kelly Rowland looks like Donna Summer not Mary Wilson ,you can see pictures of Donna Summer and in her younger days and she looks just like Donna Summer.
    I don't really see it. I think Rowland's features are softer than Summer's. To me Summer, though attractive, was never a beauty like Wilson and Rowland.

Mary Wilson and Kelly Rowland IMO do not look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Mary Wilson and Kelly Rowland IMO do not look alike.
    I agree skooldem. Kelly doesn't have Mary's pretty eyes and unique shaped chin. Mary is much prettier than Kelly IMO.

Roberta

Here's an article which compares Rowland to Summer, but I still think in the photos she more resembles Wilson.

http://www.thelalareport.com/jhome/2...na-summer.html

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I agree skooldem. Kelly doesn't have Mary's pretty eyes and unique shaped chin. Mary is much prettier than Kelly IMO.

Roberta
    Mary didn't even have that "unique" chin herslef, till a few years ago. LMAO. Mary in her prime was "pretty" but she is no Kelly Rowland. Kelly is one fine sister. I suspect that with all the Beyonce/ Diana Ross comparisons, Mary Wilson fans have jumped on the Kelly bandwagon. If Destiny's Child was just a mildly successful R&B group from the 90's that weren't as successful as they were, and had the group not paved the way for the legend in the making - Beyonce. All these Mary Wilson fans would be like....kelly who?
    Last edited by skooldem1; 01-18-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Everybody says Kelly Rowland looks like Donna Summer which I had thouht because in some pictures Donna Summer resembled a young Kelly Rowland and that she could even play her in a biopic.

.....and aint nothing wrong with Whoopie's looks either.

When Whoopi wasn't smoking and younger she looked kinda better.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Mary didn't even have that "unique" chin herslef, till a few years ago. LMAO. Mary in her prime was "pretty" but she is no Kelly Rowland. Kelly is one fine sister. I suspect that with all the Beyonce/ Diana Ross comparisons, Mary Wilson fans have jumped on the Kelly bandwagon. If Destiny's Child was just a mildly successful R&B group from the 90's that weren't as successful as they were, and had the group not paved the way for the legend in the making - Beyonce. All these Mary Wilson fans would be like....kelly who?
    Well wherever Mary got or bought that chin she sure picked a beautiful one. In Chinese face reading, the shape of the chin holds over the lucktrend of the later years, from 61 to 75 years of age.

In particular, "people with defined pointed chins are more likely to be outgoing. They don't like to stay close to home or be tied down to one place."

This certainly holds true for our Miss Wilson who loves to travel and be on the road.

Roberta

Jokes aside. Mary and Kelly are both great looking women. They look nothing alike, and don't need to be compared to one another.

The movie Dreamgirls should have never been made.I wish they could have made an actualy Biopic about The Supremes starring Beyonce as Florence Ballard since I think she looks more like Flo and Faith Evans than Diana Ross.Last year a movie about Flo was supposed to be made but on facebook this person was posting things about how the actors should be younger so that made them get rid of Faith Evans.Taraji P Henson would have been Diana Ross since it was her dream and she is the only person that can be Diana Ross in a movie ,I cant see anybody else but her.Kelly Rowland as Mary but I really wish that movie would have been made if that facebook poser would have never started commenting.why didn't they at first make a biopic about Supremes not dreamgirls.

The movie Dreamgirls should have never been made.I wish they could have made an actualy Biopic about The Supremes starring Beyonce as Florence Ballard since I think she looks more like Flo and Faith Evans than Diana Ross.Last year a movie about Flo was supposed to be made but on facebook this person was posting things about how the actors should be younger so that made them get rid of Faith Evans.Taraji P Henson would have been Diana Ross since it was her dream and she is the only person that can be Diana Ross in a movie ,I cant see anybody else but her.Kelly Rowland as Mary but I really wish that movie would have been made if that facebook poser would have never started commenting.why didn't they at first make a biopic about Supremes not dreamgirls.
    The "Blondie Movie" facebook page you are referring to had barely 1200 fans or followers and if one follower/fan can change a director or producer's mind and make them fire an actor like Faith Evans then they didn't have very thick skins, experience or confidence. That movie was doomed from the beginning. You had Mary Wilson fans boldly stating that this would finish Diana Ross forever. You had morbid Florence Ballard fans salivating that every sordid detail of her life should end up their on the silver screen and Diana Ross fans carrying on about how this would prove what great friends Flo and Diane were but how Diane and Mary weren't close at the end of Flo's life. That coupled with a production company who managed to woo Flo's gullible daughters with promises of profits and silly PR photos with Faith Evans only then to go behind their backs and fire Faith. They even listed Oscar Winner Adrian Brody would be appearing in the movie. LMAO. The bottom line is the producers never had a nickel of financing and some very thin skin. They even yanked the facebook page when people started questioning their motives. Trust me one critical fan didn’t put an end to this movie.

dianesfan_1965 Guest

Oh my dear poodle Fi-Fi!

smark21 Guest
    Well wherever Mary got or bought that chin she sure picked a beautiful one. In Chinese face reading, the shape of the chin holds over the lucktrend of the later years, from 61 to 75 years of age.

In particular, "people with defined pointed chins are more likely to be outgoing. They don't like to stay close to home or be tied down to one place."

This certainly holds true for our Miss Wilson who loves to travel and be on the road.

Roberta
    What does Kelly Rowland's chin say about her character?

smark21 Guest
    The "Blondie Movie" facebook page you are referring to had barely 1200 fans or followers and if one follower/fan can change a director or producer's mind and make them fire an actor like Faith Evans then they didn't have very thick skins, experience or confidence. That movie was doomed from the beginning. You had Mary Wilson fans boldly stating that this would finish Diana Ross forever. You had morbid Florence Ballard fans salivating that every sordid detail of her life should end up their on the silver screen and Diana Ross fans carrying on about how this would prove what great friends Flo and Diane were but how Diane and Mary weren't close at the end of Flo's life. That coupled with a production company who managed to woo Flo's gullible daughters with promises of profits and silly PR photos with Faith Evans only then to go behind their backs and fire Faith. They even listed Oscar Winner Adrian Brody would be appearing in the movie. LMAO. The bottom line is the producers never had a nickel of financing and some very thin skin. They even yanked the facebook page when people started questioning their motives. Trust me one critical fan didn’t put an end to this movie.
    And let's not forget all the producers' Facebook posts giving praise to Jesus rather than providing any news updates [[not that there were any until they "recast" the Flo role).

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    What does Kelly Rowland's chin say about her character?
    Kelly has more of a square chin and according to Chinese face readers people with square chins are often stubborn to a fault. They are less likely to step back or negotiate, thus it is easy for them to form enemies. On the other hand, it can be said that they are sticking to their principles, and unlikely to be swayed.

Chinese philosophy, Eastern medicine, feet and face reading are some of my guilty pleasures smark21.

Roberta

Whoopie Goldberg could NEVER look as beautiful &charismatic as Martha Reeves in a zillion years!

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    Whoopie Goldberg could NEVER look as beautiful &charismatic as Martha Reeves in a zillion years!
    Ever, never.........I've met them both and there is no comparison.

I think she looks more like Harriette from 'Family Matters.' Just kidding!

If i were having a[hooch]hullucination and was high on[crack]whoopi would be nowhere near pretty as the young martha!!

Martha looks as much like Whoopi as I look like Gandalf, Leland Sklar or Grizzly Adams. We all have hair growing our every hole in us, an indeterminate number of teeth and more or les the same number and placing of limbs [[I haven't seen Grizzly in a while). Why do people have to look like other people? It depends how good the onlooker is at telling them apart. Let's hope someone who thinks Martha looks like Whoopi never has to pick someone out from an ID parade.

Quote Originally Posted by bankhousedave View Post
    Martha looks as much like Whoopi as I look like Gandalf, Leland Sklar or Grizzly Adams. We all have hair growing our every hole in us, an indeterminate number of teeth and more or les the same number and placing of limbs [[I haven't seen Grizzly in a while). Why do people have to look like other people? It depends how good the onlooker is at telling them apart. Let's hope someone who thinks Martha looks like Whoopi never has to pick someone out from an ID parade.

Very good response Dave! hehehehehe.......