[REMOVE ADS]

A Memory From the Toledo Blade!

In the late 60's and early 70's, the Toledo Blade Newspaper use to print in every Sunday edition the lyrics to the most popular songs of the time. Of course they leaned heavy towards Motown! Here is a copy of one from Sunday January 4, 1970 that I remember clipping 42 years ago! It now seems impossible. My brother and I use to keep them in a shoe box. Great memories.....

Thanks this is interesting what a piece of history.

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    Thanks this is interesting what a piece of history.
    Stephanie, you are welcome. The week before it was George Harrison's "Something".

Here's another memory from the Winter of 1969-70.....

These are fun and interesting. I love the innocent style of the writing. Also interesting to note that apparently Jean Terrell as Ross's replacement hadn't yet become known. I wonder, when was it announced exactly? Must have been not long before the final performance of the Sups. Things seemed to have been moving quite quickly at the time if "Someday" was already out but Terrell hadn't yet been named.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    These are fun and interesting. I love the innocent style of the writing. Also interesting to note that apparently Jean Terrell as Ross's replacement hadn't yet become known. I wonder, when was it announced exactly? Must have been not long before the final performance of the Sups. Things seemed to have been moving quite quickly at the time if "Someday" was already out but Terrell hadn't yet been named.
    Kenneth, several weeks after the publishing of the lyrics to "Someday We'll Be Together" the Blade published the first of the Supremes songs led by Jean Terrell [["Up The Ladder to the Roof"). I will see if I can dig that one up too.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Kenneth, several weeks after the publishing of the lyrics to "Someday We'll Be Together" the Blade published the first of the Supremes songs led by Jean Terrell [["Up The Ladder to the Roof"). I will see if I can dig that one up too.
    WOW! I'd LOVE to see that. Anything relating to Jean still has great fascination to me. I've tried to find stuff about Supremes sessions 69-73, especially 'Right On' - can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm still a novice at navigating this mammoth site!