[REMOVE ADS]

pretty damn good .Looks like a packed house too.

Brave Martha. But she still yodels. I don't care, however.

Quote Originally Posted by robbert View Post
    Brave Martha. But she still yodels. I don't care, however.
    I take it since you don't like Martha's singing today, then you also don't like the style of the great Sister Agnes Jackson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nOz8B_xAnw

She's been beloved by millions for decades. and it don't take no bravery to perform in front of a couple thousand people singing, clapping, and havin a good time. That means they LIKE her.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 01-15-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Thank you, jillfoster, for the link. You might have guessed I'm not into religious music of any kind since I'm not a religious person, but that's irrelevant. I don't have to be persuaded to like Martha's current singing, when my ears already have establised that I don't like what I hear. It's as simple as that. I respect her, I call her brave, and that is where it ends for me. I hope I can continue to give my honest opinion about musical matters on this forum. I'm not the idolizing type, never was and never will be.

Much less yodeling and voice more controlled and like the record. Martha seems much more relaxed and looser. Havent seen Vandellas much for awhile-hiatus?

Has no one noticed that Martha brought in THREE Vandellas on that December 2011 gig in Lancaster?

Quote Originally Posted by robbert View Post
    Thank you, jillfoster, for the link. You might have guessed I'm not into religious music of any kind since I'm not a religious person, but that's irrelevant. I don't have to be persuaded to like Martha's current singing, when my ears already have establised that I don't like what I hear. It's as simple as that. I respect her, I call her brave, and that is where it ends for me. I hope I can continue to give my honest opinion about musical matters on this forum. I'm not the idolizing type, never was and never will be.
    To convince you to like Martha's sound today was not my point. My point was to show that other vocalists with a similar style to Martha's have been beloved by many for decades. Opinions are fine, but for you to say that she is brave for getting up onstage with a voice that you deem terrible is totally ridiculous. It's fine if you don't like it, but her reception at live performances tell us that she is still very good and very entertaining.

She is the best at that. I've seen her, and for me personally- the first time, I was just in awe of this Motown legend. I remember looking down at her feet, and thinking to myself of all the history, all the stages those feet have stood on. She is an "A" class performer, and live its not about the voice, but rather, about the woman. This is Martha Reeves, from the same school as that other female singer from her label, lol. She does deserve the resect when she steps on any stage. Same with Mary. These women know how to work a stage. But getting back to Martha, not seeing her live and having to rely on youtube clips of her recent "singing" without the actual "live" element, and I'm sorry but to my ears she doesn't sound that good anymore.

Considering her age and what she has been through I would have to say she sounds good. She sounds better here than she did a few years ago and that is saying something.

Martha should get points just for daring to wear 6 inch pumps at 70.....Go ahead lady!

Martha Reeves is THE Martha Reeves and that's all that has to be said. She is a true living legend and World famous!