[REMOVE ADS]

New Edition reunion tour

All 6 originals! Here are the early dates:

http://www.soultracks.com/story-new-edition-30

I could seriously get into this! Hope they come west.

smark21 Guest
    HOw often do they do reunion tours? It seems every few years they do one.

How often? This is the first I've heard with the entire group intact. And to be honest, who gives a crap? That's like finding a bunion on Miss America's foot and complaining about her looks.

LOL Tsull1, they were here in Detroit on New Year's Eve. I would have loved to have caught the show but had a previous commitment.

The Sylers on CD

No message
    Last edited by tsull1; 01-12-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Whoops, meant to start a single thread on The Sylvers and replied here ... going to do that right now.

Ladies from my job saw them New Years Day here in NY. They raved about it all day. They did N.E. songs , BBD ,Bobby Brown ,Ralph Tresvant and Johnny Gill solo songs also. A long show as I heard about it. They seem to be their generations equal to The Dells and The Whispers as far as having all original members still performing together. Business wise , they did very good with their legacy.

Though not underrated in their time, I think as daddyacey said their legacy is a bit underrated. The group disappeared too quickly and like The Jackson 5 [[Jacksons) and Sylvers, perhaps had a tougher time escaping the teen-pop group image, though the Jacksons transitioned nicely.

While I'm not a drum-machine guy, I still really liked their music, especially "A Little Bit of Love is all it takes" and "Can You Stand the Rain" among many.

* Were they on the Motown label or was that Boyz II Men?

Quote Originally Posted by tsull1 View Post
    Though not underrated in their time, I think as daddyacey said their legacy is a bit underrated. The group disappeared too quickly and like The Jackson 5 [[Jacksons) and Sylvers, perhaps had a tougher time escaping the teen-pop group image, though the Jacksons transitioned nicely.

While I'm not a drum-machine guy, I still really liked their music, especially "A Little Bit of Love is all it takes" and "Can You Stand the Rain" among many.

* Were they on the Motown label or was that Boyz II Men?
    Tsull that was BoyzIIMen on Motown and I believe Michael Bivens of New Edition had a hand in helping them in their early stages.

New Editions legacy is limited to the late 70's early 80's time period. They carried on the concept of the Black Teen Boy groups of the late 60's in the style of The Stairsteps ,Jackson 5 and survived the "producer" era of music that was popular in that time periods change in musical tastes in which Soul/Black music became more so increasingly "crossover" or Pop in nature. They survived crossing over due to talent and having the "right" producers ,going from teen/bubble gum artists to the New Jack genre that bridged Soul and Funk and Dance elements , that appealed to Soul Music fans as well as Hip-Hop fans. They are survivors of an intense period of change in the Black Music genre.Where groups came and went because it was a time of the "Producers" sound. They survived where Troop ,Levert, RFTW ,SOLO and others came and went within a 2 year period at best.

Does anyone really want to see Bobby Brown live these days? I can barely watch interview footage of this dude.

Timmy out of all of these guys Bobby Brown had the most successful solo career so YES there are tons of women who want to see him although he may not be the greatest singer in the world he is a good dancer. When these two groups were out touring as Bell. Bic, Devoe and Heads of State they were packing them in so together is an even greater event for those who are fans of these guys. I am personally not a fan but I did like New Edition and with their hits Popcorn Love, Mr Telephone Man, etc,,,,along with BBD - Do Me Baby, Poison, etc...and the Ralph T, Johnny Gill, and Bobby Brown solo hits they have MORE than enough music for a two hour show for women who want to see them. Its an absolute moneymaker hands down if you think about it from a business standpoint. Bobby Brown has Whitney to thank for keeping him in the public eye although that vision of him may not have been pleasant.