[REMOVE ADS]

Two Tons O' Fun-"Get The Feeling" [2CD-6/28/2024-Real Gone]

Info from Real Gone Music:

Two Tons O' Fun "Get The Feeling—The Complete Fantasy/Honey Recordings"

Before they achieved stardom the world over with “It’s Raining Men,” Weather Girls Martha Wash and Izora Rhodes Armstead made waves in the thriving San Francisco music scene as Two Tons o’ Fun [and, later, The Two Tons]. The powerhouse duo began working with gender- and genre-defying artist Sylvester at Fantasy Records, singing background and lead vocals on many of his most memorable recordings. In 1980, they struck out on their own and teamed with legendary Motown veteran Harvey Fuqua [[who had also helmed Sylvester’s beloved albums) for two remarkable LPs on his Honey Records imprint. Fusing disco, dance, soul, funk, and R&B with roof-raising, gospel-tinged vocals, both Two Tons o’ Fun and Backatcha put the extraordinary voices of “Queen of Clubland” Wash and Armstead out front. Now, Real Gone Music and Second Disc Records are thrilled to celebrate the Two Tons with a complete 2-CD anthology that serves as a companion to last year’s acclaimed Sylvester release, Disco Heat: The Fantasy Years 1977-1981. Two Tons o’ Fun’s Get the Feeling: The Complete Fantasy/Honey Recordings brings together, on 2 CDs, both of the Two Tons’ albums – the first of which features Sylvester himself in the band – plus a host of rare single versions, remixes, and extended versions. Among the highlights are the top five Dance smashes “Earth Can Be Just Like Heaven” and “I Got the Feeling” as well as such R&B and Dance hits as “I Depend on You” and “Never Like This.” Both albums have long been overlooked; their last CD reissue was more than thirty years ago in the U.K.; this collection marks both albums’ U.S. CD debut, while most of the bonus tracks are also new to worldwide CD. For the occasion, all audio has been newly remastered by Mike Milchner, and we are remastering the two albums straight from the original tapes, so this collection will offer a big sonic upgrade. The collection also contains a deluxe booklet featuring liner notes by The Second Disc’s Joe Marchese and unseen photos. With the return of Two Tons o’ Fun, only one exclamation is appropriate: Hallelujah!
    1. Do You Wanna Boogie, Hunh?
    2. Just Us
    3. I Got The Feeling
    4. Gone Away
    5. Earth Can Be Just Like Heaven
    6. Make Someone Feel Happy Today
    7. Taking Away Your Space
    8. One-Sided Love Affair
    9. Just Us [Single Version]
    10. I Got The Feeling [Single Version]
    11. Taking Away Your Space [Single Version]
    12. Just Us [Disco Mix]
    13. Earth Can Be Just Like Heaven [12" Version]
    14. Do You Wanna Boogie, Hunh? [12" Version]
    15. I Got The Feeling [The Patrick Cowley MegaMix]
    16. Never Like This
    17. I Depend On You
    18. Your Love Is Gonna See Me Through
    19. It's True I Do
    20. Can't Do It By Myself
    21. Cloudy With A Chance of Rain
    22. I've Got To Make It On My Own
    23. I Been Down
    24. Never Like This [Single Version]
    25. I Been Down [Single Version]
    26. I Depend on You [Single Version]

Pre-order from Real Gone Music:
    Two Tons O' Fun Get The Feeling—The Complete Fantasy/Honey Recordings – Real Gone Music

I hope the girls get more attention to promotion than I got with the Stoney and Meatloaf project.