[REMOVE ADS]

Tina Turner "What's Love Got To Do With It [5-Disc Deluxe]" [Parlophone-4/26/2024]

Info from Parlophone/Warner Records-

What’s Love Got To Do With It the soundtrack album to her 1993 bio-pic featuring re-records of Ike and Tina classics and other covers has been given the Deluxe Edition treatment. What’s Love Got To Do With It [30th Anniversary Edition] will be released on multi-formats including the 4CD + DVD Deluxe package featuring CDs of the Original Album Remastered, B-sides, Remixes and Rarities, ‘What’s Love, Live’ plus a DVD with ‘What’s Love, Live’ from Blockbuster Pavillion, San Bernadino, California. 15th September 1993 plus promo videos. The 2CD version will have the Original Album Remastered and an additional CD of B-sides, Remixes and Rarities and the 1LP will be the Original Album Remastered. More details [including Track Listings] to come soon.

5-Disc Super Deluxe Edition
    US - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CVHCPT17/?tag=imwan-20

2CD Deluxe Edition
    US - Available for pre-order soon:https://www.amazon.com/dp/1707793160/?tag=imwan-20

Guess I'll be splurging again.

In addition to the album, it will be nice to have a dvd of the WHAT'S LOVE, LIVE concert [[even though the setlist was basically the same as FOREIGN AFFAIR). In America, it only aired as a highly-edited special on Fox, I believe.

https://theseconddisc.com/2024/02/14...box-set-rhino/

Rhino's celebration of Tina Turner knows no limits! Just months after the career-spanning compilation The Queen of Rock and Roll, the label will reissue another one of her classic albums in several deluxe formats: 1993's What's Love Got to Do with It.

The companion album to the biopic of the same name, the 4CD/1DVD set [[available April 26) will include the remastered original album - including two tracks left off U.S. pressings - along with a bonus disc of remixes and rarities, including an unreleased single edit of Tina's cover of The Trammps' "Disco Inferno" and an unheard a capella vocal of her re-recording of "Proud Mary." The last two CDs and DVD include What's Love Live, a concert film recorded at San Bernardino, CA's Blockbuster Pavilion in 1993 but only released on VHS and laserdisc in Europe. [[Three promo videos will round out the DVD content; curiously, neither the supplied press release nor product listings confirm which videos will feature.) The box also features a 24-page booklet and poster. A cutdown 2CD edition will be available, featuring the first two CDs of album and remix material; a new vinyl pressing will be issued, as well.
    Adapted from Turner's bestselling 1986 memoir I, Tina, What's Love Got to Do with It told the story of how the woman born Anna Mae Bullock found fame in the '60s and early '70s with husband Ike Turner, endured a torrent of violence at his hands, and managed to walk away and rebuild her career in the '80s. For their portrayals, Angela Bassett and Laurence Fishburne each received Academy Award nominations; Bassett won a Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical. Though critics and both Turners took the movie to task for some narrative exaggerations - Tina, in particular, admitted to only seeing part of the film and disagreed with how she was portrayed as a victim - the film performed well at the box office.
    Tina did participate in the making of the film, coaching Bassett on her high-energy dance steps and contributing an album's worth of material to the film as a soundtrack of sorts. What's Love Got to Do with It split the difference between new recordings of rock and soul songs Tina frequently performed in concert [["Nutbush City Limits," "Proud Mary," "Disco Inferno," "Shake a Tail Feather") alongside a few new songs: the international Top 10 "I Don't Wanna Fight" [[co-written by British pop singer Lulu), the underrated ballad "Why Must We Wait Until Tonight?" [[written and produced by Bryan Adams and Mutt Lange) and "Stay Awhile," a new track from "What's Love Got to Do with It" songwriters Terry Britten and Graham Lyle. [[Their famous 1983-1984 comeback hit for Tina is the sole "old" track on the album.)

All formats of the What's Love Got to Do with It reissue hit stores on April 26. Pre-order them below and check out the full track listing. [[As an Amazon affiliate, we earn a small commission from purchases at the links below.)
    What's Love Got to Do with It [[30th Anniversary Edition) [[Parlophone/Rhino, 2024)
    4CD/DVD: Amazon U.S. / Amazon U.K. / Amazon Canada
    2CD: Amazon U.S. / Amazon U.K. / Amazon Canada
    1LP: Amazon U.S. / Amazon U.K. / Amazon Canada
    CD 1: Remastered album [[released as Virgin [[U.S.)/Parlophone [[U.K.) 07777 88189 2 2, 1993)

1. I Don't Wanna Fight
    2. Rock Me Baby
    3. Disco Inferno
    4. Why Must We Wait Until Tonight
    5. Stay Awhile
    6. Nutbush City Limits
    7. [[Darlin') You Know I Love You
    8. Proud Mary
    9. A Fool in Love
    10. It's Gonna Work Out Fine
    11. Shake a Tail Feather
    12. I Might Have Been Queen
    13. What's Love Got to Do with It
    14. Tina's Wish

All tracks newly recorded/remixed for the album except 13, from Private Dancer [[Capitol ST-12330 [[U.S.)/TINA 1 [[U.K.), 1984). Tracks 11 and 14 not included on U.S. pressings of the album.
    CD 2: Single Edits/Remixes/Rarities [[* previously unreleased)

1. I Don't Wanna Fight [[Single Edit)
    2. Disco Inferno [[7″ Edit) *
    3. Why Must We Wait Until Tonight? [[7″ Single Edit)
    4. Proud Mary [[Single Edit)
    5. I Don't Wanna Fight [[Urban Remix)
    6. Disco Inferno [[12" Version)
    7. Why Must We Wait Until Tonight? [[Tony Dofat Remix)
    8. I Don't Wanna Fight [[Holiday Inn Lounge Remix)
    9. I Don't Wanna Fight [[Clubhouse Mix)
    10. Why Must We Wait Until Tonight? [[Tony Dofat 7″ Edit)
    11. I Don't Wanna Fight [[Jerry Moran Dance Mix)
    12. Why Must We Wait Until Tonight? [[Instrumental)
    13. I Don't Wanna Fight [[Urban Radio Instrumental)
    14. Disco Inferno [[12″ Dub)
    15. Why Must We Wait Until Tonight? [[A Capella)
    16. Proud Mary [[A Capella) *

Tracks 1, 5, and 8 from Parlophone U.K. CD single 72438 80647 2 9, 1993
    Tracks 3, 7 and 15 from Virgin U.S. CD single V25H-38407, 1993
    Track 4 from Virgin U.S. CD single V25H-38434, 1993
    Tracks 6 and 14 from Parlophone U.K. CD single CDR 6357, 1993
    Tracks 9 and 13 from Virgin U.S. promo CD single DPRO-12775, 1993
    Tracks 10 and 12 from Virgin U.S. promo CD single DPRO-12812, 1993
    Track 11 from Virgin U.S. promo CD single DPRO-12807, 1993
    CD 3-4: What's Love Live

1. Steamy Windows
    2. Typical Male
    3. Foreign Affair
    4. Undercover Agent for the Blues
    5. Private Dancer
    6. We Don't Need Another Hero
    7. I Can't Stand the Rain
    8. Nutbush City Limits
    9. Addicted to Love
    10. The Best

1. I Don't Wanna Fight
    2. Let's Stay Together
    3. What's Love Got to Do with It
    4. Proud Mary
    5. Legs
    6. Better Be Good to Me
    7. Disco Inferno
    8. [[Darlin') You Know I Love You
    9. Why Must We Wait Until Tonight?

Recorded live at Blockbuster Pavilion, San Bernardino, CA - 9/15/1993
    DVD: What's Love Live[[same track list as CD 3-4) and promo videos
    What's Love Live released as Picture Music International VHS MVN 491280-3 [[U.K.), 1994

When I initially saw social media posts about this upcoming box set, there was no info yet on the dvd and I was worried they were going to include the movie as the dvd. Then I thought that the record label likely doesn't have the rights to the movie. I'm glad they're including one of her live shows instead and staying true to form, like the previous box sets. I've been buying these releases each time solely for the live dvd, since I already own the original versions of these albums. I'm sure that's the case for most of you as well.
    Last edited by carlo; 02-16-2024 at 01:40 PM.

I really love "Why Must We Wait Until Tonight?" and never understood why it wasn't a bigger hit for her. A great soulful vocal from Tina

My box set and vinyl arrived today. Looking forward to diving into the music and content! It's funny because up until last year, I never cared for "Why Must We Wait Until Tonight" and had always skipped over this song. It wasn't until the Queen of Rock N' Roll box set came out, that I properly re-visited this song and it has really grown on me. I didn't realize that it was written and produced by Bryan Adams and Mutt Lange. Also being a Shania Twain fan, I appreciate this song even more now.