[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Marvin Gaye Biopic

    Does anyone know, did Maxwell ever read for the staring role in a Marvin Gaye biopic?

  2. #2
    I don't think this project will ever get off the ground,wasn't usher up for the lead a while back?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I don't think this project will ever get off the ground,wasn't usher up for the lead a while back?
    I agree. I know Marvin III has developed a musical play about his Dad's life that has been out there for a while, but no film.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    I don't think this project will ever get off the ground,wasn't usher up for the lead a while back?
    The dude from Law & Order was up for the role at one point.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    The dude from Law & Order was up for the role at one point.
    Yeah, but that was back in the 90s. Jesse L. Martin is 51 years old now and way too old to play Marvin Gaye who only lived to 44 years old

  6. #6
    As long as the Gaye family is aware of things, we're gonna be waiting a mighty long time for one.

  7. #7
    If they are looking for someone to play Marvin, I would suggest John Clarence Stewart from Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist & Luke Cage. He's only 32 so if it takes them another 10 years he should still be good to go!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by muzicmuse44 View Post
    Does anyone know, did Maxwell ever read for the staring role in a Marvin Gaye biopic?
    Haven't heard about a possible Maxwell involvement. But he could pull it off.

  9. #9
    I remember when Jermaine Jackson said he was going to be playing Marvin in a movie - over 30 years ago!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBagley View Post
    I remember when Jermaine Jackson said he was going to be playing Marvin in a movie - over 30 years ago!
    Jermaine playing Marvin would've been hilarious.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Jermaine playing Marvin would've been hilarious.
    If by hilarious you mean god awful then yes

    Whoever played marvin in the recent stage play would work - he definitely looked the part

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimal Saint View Post
    If by hilarious you mean god awful then yes

    Whoever played marvin in the recent stage play would work - he definitely looked the part
    YES! LOL it would've been terrible.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.