[REMOVE ADS]

Bettye LaVette "Let Me Down Easy: Bettye LaVette In Memphis" [1 CD-5/24/2024-Sun]

Info from Sun Records:

Looking back on the career of a living legend - Let Me Down Easy: Bettye LaVette in Memphis - captures the recordings she made in the 1960s for Silver Fox Records, part of the Sun Records family celebrating 70 years. Blending her northern R&B with southern soul, this remastered retrospective includes tracks like the rocking, "He Made a Woman Out of Me," her explosive cover of "Piece of My Heart," and "Let Me Down Easy," which was recently featured by the electronic duo ODESZA.

Tracklist
    1. He Made A Woman Out Of Me
    2. At The Mercy Of A Man
    3. I'm In Love
    4. My Train's Coming In
    5. Nearer To You
    6. Do Your Duty
    7. Let Me Down Easy
    8. Games People Play
    9. Piece Of My Heart
    10. We Got To Slip Around
    11. Easier To Say Than Do
    12. Love's Made A Fool Out Of Me

Bettye LaVette - Let Me Down Easy: Bettye LaVette in Memphis [Sun Records 70th / Remastered 2022] - Amazon.com Music

Considering the number of times that Bettye's Memphis recordings have been reissued, I would assume that they've sold well over the years? It's nice to see, as these recordings have consistently stayed in print for the past 20+ years.

Bettye will be opening for the Rolling Stones at their stadium show in Chicago later this summer. Fantastic news! That would be a great show to see.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Considering the number of times that Bettye's Memphis recordings have been reissued, I would assume that they've sold well over the years? It's nice to see, as these recordings have consistently stayed in print for the past 20+ years.

Bettye will be opening for the Rolling Stones at their stadium show in Chicago later this summer. Fantastic news! That would be a great show to see.
    I have a vinyl version of the Sun release that I bought some time ago.

It is good to see that Bettye's current profile has been making many of her recordings available again. I've been hoping they get around to releasing her Karen recordings on cd, as my cupy of HEY LOVE has severe surface noise.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I have a vinyl version of the Sun release that I bought some time ago.

It is good to see that Bettye's current profile has been making many of her recordings available again. I've been hoping they get around to releasing her Karen recordings on cd, as my cupy of HEY LOVE has severe surface noise.
    Hey Reese,

The vinyl version I have is from 1985 called "I'm In Love", but I know there have been a number of recent vinyl reissues and CD reissues as well. I have the 2006 CD called "Take Another Little Piece Of My Heart", which has 13 tracks versus the latest reissue above that has 12. I remember the CD called "Nearer To You" has 16 tracks.

Good point about her Karen recordings. I would love to have those on CD as well. I love her version of "What Condition My Condition Is In".
    Last edited by carlo; Today at 02:07 PM.