[REMOVE ADS]

Nancy Wilson - Two 1970s LPs Coming on CD

I noticed that two Nancy Wilson albums are to be released on CD by Soulmusic.com [["I've Never Been To Me" and "This Mother's Daughter"). Amazon shows the release date as February 21 and Dusty Groove has February 13.

Great news!

More Nancy:
    Can't Take My Eyes Off You / Now I'm A Woman

Nancy Wilson to be released march 25, 2013

I hope Now I'm A Woman is the album she cut with Gamble & Huff. I think it is.

Thanks jack020 - I've been waiting/hoping for her Gamble & Huff album on CD for years and was disappointed that EMI never got as far as reissuing it when they were re-releasing many of her 60s Capitol albums. Good news.

Last edited by alanh; 02-01-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Hmmmm. I thought "I Know I Love him" was being reissued as well???

I was hoping for a two-fer of Now I'm A Woman & Kaleidoscope

Glad to hear that more Nancy Wilson albums are being released on CD. Would love to have "Live, Love and Harmony", but I am happy with any of the great Nancy Wilson 70's albums.

I wasn't crazy about the production and instrumentation on some of Nancy's 70's work but
    being that her voice stayed so lush and her delivery flawless I'm going to have re-visit these... Thanks for the heads up, guys....

Quote Originally Posted by blkfrost View Post
    Glad to hear that more Nancy Wilson albums are being released on CD. Would love to have "Live, Love and Harmony", but I am happy with any of the great Nancy Wilson 70's albums.
    does anyone know if and when "Come Get To this" Album will be reissued on CD on track that is fabulous is called "Happy Tears"
    and "When my love comes down" what memories and sentinments

cannot find any of these tracks on amazon mp3.

Check Amazon uk:
    Since feb 2011 this is on cd twofer with All In love Is Fair!

The Kaleidoscope/I Know I Love Him CD just arrived. It's great having the latter as an official release. The liner notes attribute authorship of Can I? to Hal Davis and Mary Wells' first husband Herman Griffiths. The song had to be written in 1964 or earlier for Brenda Holloway to have recorded the original version. Can anyone relate geographical proximity or a timeline that would tie the two together? Was Hal Davis always part of the Motown LA connection and was he ever based in Detroit? Incidentally, the notes also credit Eddie Kendricks as having recorded the song first. Seven years of history seems to be missing.

Hal Davis was part of Motown's Los Angeles operation. Brenda Holloway did record Can I as part of her first Tamla LP. The song was modified and updated for Eddie Kendricks.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 07-20-2013 at 08:12 PM.

"I Know I Love Him" is one of my favs.

I think I have pretty much everything released on Fancy Nancy, my husband's protege`.

S.S.

I listeed to Nancy Wilson's two albums from 1969, Son Of A Preacher Man/Hurt So Bad. I didn't like much of Son...It has Nancy- at the time - doing contemporary pop and a rhythm section/combo and songs with a full orchestra. It was not one of her best because it sounds like it was just put together from songs in the vaults. Nancy was on the road. Hurt So Bad was much better and the songs she chose were better like Spinning Wheel, You're All I Need To Get By, Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You, Willie and Laura Mae Jones. My wife was astonished at all the Nancy Wilson albums we have. She didn't know there were so many until I pulled every one of them out. I'm playing catch up, Soul Sister. I just bought Like In Love and Something Wonderful and the two Broadway albums. Does anyone know if Soul Music Com plans to release any more Nancy Wilson? I think it has issued all of her late Sixties and Seventies recordings except for Take My Love, the last album she did at Capitol. And I hear that one is coming soon. Not on CD are Easy, T.L.C, Nancy Naturally, Just for Now, and two albums from the Sixites where Nancy cut pop tunes. But I think Capitol /EMI owns the masters to those.

Kamasu_Jr: the songs on Son Of A Preacher Man are mostly covers of country songs, maybe that's why you don't like the album.

I am really happy with all the CD releases we get on Nancy on Capitol, I only had a few on LP and some CD compilations.
    Maybe David Nathan can tell more about upcoming releases on Nancy?

Perhaps she should have done a full out country album? Son was mixed with big, orchestra things. And I thought it interesting how Dusty Springfield's Billy Ray became Jimmy Ray in Nancy's version.

Kamasu,

'T.L.C' has been issued on a 2fer CD in the U.K. Now out of print and a bit pricey.
    http://www.amazon.com/From-Broadway-...ilson+broadway

The album 'Hurt So Bad' was a mixed batch of some tracks from the vaults.
    "Let's Make The most of a beautiful thing' was an out-take from 'Welcome To My Love' lp
    'Do You Know Why' was an out-take from 'Lush Life' lp
    'One Soft Night' was an out-take from the 'Easy' lp