[REMOVE ADS]

Did anyone watch bobby womack's unsung last night?

I missed it but I know that it will be airing again soon. Any watchers, any feedback? I'm sure that it was interesting to say the least.

I watch them all. And yes, Bobby's was very interesting. My only wish is that there more vintage clips of him performing. A lot of the clips were recent. That said, I have no idea how often he appeared on television back in the day. So I don't know if there was a lot of vintage clips to choose from.

On the whole, I absolutely love the UNSUNG series. Considering the time limit they have to work with, I think they give accurate portraits of their subjects. The only consistent problem that I've seen is the misidentification of people. In Bobby's episode,a photo of Mary Wells was twice identified as being Barbara Cooke. Sort of ironic, considering Mary was a recent "UNSUNG" subject. You would think they would know what she looked like.

Bobby did quite a bit of TV work in the mid-70s when he was having hits. I believe the producers of the series were
    contacted when the Mary Wells episode first aired and a photo of Mickey Stevenson was misidentified as Herman
    Griffin. That error was corrected.
    I haven't seen the BW episode, but if the producers are told of the photo error, hopefully it will be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by randy_russi View Post
    Bobby did quite a bit of TV work in the mid-70s when he was having hits. I believe the producers of the series were
    contacted when the Mary Wells episode first aired and a photo of Mickey Stevenson was misidentified as Herman
    Griffin. That error was corrected.
    I haven't seen the BW episode, but if the producers are told of the photo error, hopefully it will be corrected.

I believe I saw the corrected Mary Wells episode over the holidays. They now show a 90s era photo of Griffin.

I didn't see it. I am almost afraid to watch Bobby Womack's Unsung episode. hehehehehehe.....

In the Denise Williams episode they showed a photo of what was supose to be her exhusband Brad, but it was a photo of Bill Medley.

In the otherwise excellent O'Jays episode, they wrongly said that the group got together with G&H in '66, when their first Neptune records were in '69.

I recorded it. Is it worth watching? I still have the Unsung shows for the O'Jays and Phyllis Hyman to watch.