[REMOVE ADS]

MARY WILSON - New Year's Eve At The Colony Hotel Palm Beach

http://florida.broadwayworld.com/art...Beach-20111213

* The Royal Room with the Supreme Mary Wilson

* Black Tie Society Gala with The Michael Rose Orchestra at The Colony’s Pavilion

* Polo Steaks & Seafood with DJ Kenny Mondo

The Colony Hotel – which The Palm Beach Post has hailed as “probably the best place for cabaret on the planet” – is offering New Year’s Eve revelers a choice of three different music and fun-filled Parties to celebrate the arrival of 2012:

The Royal Room with the Supreme Mary Wilson

Returning to The Colony’s world famous Royal Room for her third engagement and second New Year’s Eve celebration is Mary Wilson, a true musical legend. It was a vision of musical stardom as a Detroit teen that inspired her to co-found one of the most successful female singing groups in recording history - The Supremes. With an unprecedented 12 number-one hits, including “Where Did Our Love Go,” “Baby Love,” “Come See About Me” and “Stop, In The Name Of Love,” The Supremes set the precedent for super group success. Wilson also has written a best-selling autobiography, performed on stage and screen, lectured and toured the world, and continues to be looked up to as a singer who sets the standard for females in the recording industry.

The New Year’s Eve Party in the Royal Room includes a one hour cocktail reception with hors d’oeuvres, followed by a four-course gourmet dinner, the cabaret show with Mary Wilson, a champagne toast at midnight and breakfast buffet in The Colony’s poolside Palm Court. The cost is only $350 per person plus tax and gratuity. Reservations are now being accepted at 561.659.8100 with a $100 nonrefundable deposit per person.

Read more: http://florida.broadwayworld.com/art...#ixzz1i8zErWfW

$350.00 per person? Ahemmmm........!

I'm with you Marv. That ticket price is ridiculous. I make a great living but that is just too much money for one nights entertainment

I don't know what Mary's take is...but Stevie is pulling down a cool million for playing a few songs outside The Cosmopolitan in Vegas tonight...and that trollip Kim Kardashian is getting 60 grand for hosting a party at another hotel...she can't sing a note or do much of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    I don't know what Mary's take is...but Stevie is pulling down a cool million for playing a few songs outside The Cosmopolitan in Vegas tonight...and that trollip Kim Kardashian is getting 60 grand for hosting a party at another hotel...she can't sing a note or do much of anything else.
    Yeah and "the Situation" from Jersey Shore made $ 3 million this past year! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    I'm with you Marv. That ticket price is ridiculous. I make a great living but that is just too much money for one nights entertainment
    and that's not even counting the taxes and gratuity!

I KNOW! I just went to see John Water's Christmas Show here in Austin and the tickets were $50, which I thought was ridiculous, too. All he did was stand there and talk and he wasn't even as funny as he used to be.

Although I can't see myself spending that much for an evening's entertainment, I don't think the price is unreasonable. Prices for anything "News Year Eve" are very high. You are not paying $350.00 just to see Mary Wilson in concert. You are paying for one hour cocktail reception with hors d’oeuvres, a four-course gourmet dinner, the cabaret show, a champagne toast at midnight, and a breakfast buffet.

Yeah.... those fancy places like that give you some really fancy food for all that money.

Blimey...for the equivalent of $350.00 in any hotel here in London on New Years Eve you'd be lucky to get a plate of chips and a pint of lager. I think that is an excellent deal.

For a fancy place on New Years Eve with food and meet and greet I think its pretty standard practice.

I have paid more then that to see Ms. Mary Wilson in the past. I have also paid that much and more to see Ms. Diana Ross.

I love them.

Penny

how'd the show go? I looked for a review but didn't see any

Mary Wilson of The Supremes - Keeping Music Alive!

For those who missed her at The Colony - Mary Wilson of The Supremes will once again be in the Palm Beach area on March 8, 2012! The GENERATIONS Concert benefiting Nat King Cole Generation Hope, Inc. will raise funds to Keep Music Alive in schools by funding instruction, mentoring and resources. Tickets are $100 and can be purchased at natkingcolefoundation.org/concert.

Thank you natkingcolegenerationhope. Welcome to the forum. Mary Wilson always puts on a great show!

Isn't it great that in 2012 at least two of the former Supremes [[Diana, Mary) can make a decent living out of their singing and/or status? I wish Cindy could find a publisher for her book in order to jump on that bandwagon. Why doesn't she try and publish the book on the internet? I think I would buy... is there an "i-Tunes" for books somewhere?

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by robbert View Post
    Isn't it great that in 2012 at least two of the former Supremes [[Diana, Mary) can make a decent living out of their singing and/or status? I wish Cindy could find a publisher for her book in order to jump on that bandwagon. Why doesn't she try and publish the book on the internet? I think I would buy... is there an "i-Tunes" for books somewhere?
    Amazon offers a self published type arrangment and the book is then available as a Kindle download.