[REMOVE ADS]

Destination Anywhere by the Commitments!

Who are these people they are good? Are they a british group even the crowd knows the words to this song! I never thought I would hear anyone else singing this song and me enjoying it. Must be brits!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHIc6...eature=related

This is from an Alan Parker film called The Commitments. It's a cautionary rise and fall tale of a Group of unemployed musicians in Dublin who form a soul band. The film wasn't a huge hit but the soundtrack album was causing the actors to form a band and make a sequel album. The second disc didn't do as well and they disbanded. Still the first Soundtrack is worth a listen. It's the first place I ever heard Destination Anywhere as a teen.

I looked it up and you are right. I need to get this film because they have songs on that soundtrack like Mustang Sally and Little Milton! I remember hearing about this film but I didnt know this was them! It seems that they are getting back together and touring and singing because of the anniversary of the film. Too bad we dont have more things like this out on the street thanks for the help.

It's a great film. My favorite moment was when the leader of the group [[while rehearsing "Ride Sally Ride") told the backup singers not to use their own accents ... "It's Ride Sally, Ride, not Roid Sally, Roid!"

It's the only version most Brits will ever have heard...