jeez, i am loving all of this who sang what, all of the "what ifs", ect. i get the feeling it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but the beauty of this site is one only has to participate in the categories that they find interesting.

so here is my latest question ... did holland/dozier/holland already write "band of gold" before they left in 1968? it seems like a possibility because they never really wrote anything that sounded so much like a Motown song after they left the company. if they did write it, then who woulda recorded it? the lyrics seem too cheesy for a supremes single, though the melody is certainly right up the supremes alley. freda payne thought the words were too silly for her. but i bet you the supremes would have been have been happy to take it rather than "i'm living in shame" or "no matter what sign", or even h/d/h's "in and out of love" or smokey's "the composer".

do you think h/d/h stashed this one away? weird how everybody that left Motown never matched there motion heights. i think they all really needed each other to make that Motown magic! kinda sad they didn't stick it out. everybody