[REMOVE ADS]

No Andantes on Where Did Our Love Go

Be sure you are seated when you read this as it may come as a shock but I've just learned the Andantes do not sing background on Where Did Our Love Go. I know this may ruin your Christmas and cause uncontrollable sobbing under the Mistletoe but it's true. Inside sources have contacted Congress, Berry Gordy, and President Obama to requisiton funds that would've otherwise gone until recently into heavy artilery for the Iraq war to launch a full investigation as to why Jackie, Marlene, and Louvain were so lazy as to never appear on it. A subcommittee chaired by Andy Skurow and Nancy Pelosi will also finally uncover the conspiracy that kept Nothing But Heartaches sales and airplay from being under reported that stopped it from hitting the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100. If these endeavors prove successful, my contacts at the Pentagon and Hip-O Select say they plan to find the lost sales data for Stoned Love next. They figure the reports are at Gordy Manor, a safehouse in the Gaza Strip, or the basement of the Roostertail. I commend their efforts to attempt to bring peace to online warring factions of Supremes fans. I am off to play my copy of the Supremes Merry Christmas.... Oh Wait.... Diana Ross & The Andantes Merry Christmas that is. My eggnog will taste a touch salty from my tears flowing into my mug but I will keep calm and carry on.....

Merry Christmas to all....

Thanks! After fifty years of disecting these songs, discussing who sang on this, who blew their nose on that, who sneezed on the secon note, who missed their cue etc.; your post is refreshing. Merry Christmas

this kind of post is "cute", but not particalily interesting to a motown fan like me. the information coming out on the newer hipposelect records [[as guarded as it is) are what fascinates a 50 year fan like me! just sayin' and no offence intended.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone !LOL Glenpwood. What would be real upsetting to find out Debby Boone had been a secret Andante.

Glenp...........you missed the part about Flo leaving the Supremes to become an Andante and sing behind Diana again. THAT's why they all sound the same.

No Andantes on Baby Love, Come See About Me or Back in my arms Again either.

the A's sat it out while the Supremes Mary and Flo hogged the mikes in the studio to lay
    their vocals down on those tracks BL, CSAM, and BIMAA while the Andantes cried in the wings to Like a nighmare behind future Marvlette Ann Bogan, then they decided to join Mary and Flo for a lavish production on the Stop in the name of love production, while others tried to insist erroneously there were no Supremes in the bkground on it .