[REMOVE ADS]

Hitsville Honors = Supremes Reunion?

Hitsville Honors; A Celebration of Motown Music

To make a long story short, I just recevied a note from the Motown Museum; on Friday, March 30, 2012, at the Historic Orchestra Hall, there will be a celebration of the Motown Sound with an inaugural event to benefit the Motown Museum.

In addition to award presentations and chart-topping artists to perform Motown classics, I am told that:

"Diana Ross and the Supremes closed out the 60's singing "Someday We'll Be Togther". LET'S MAKE MARCH 30, 2012 THAT DAY.

Flood gates =- open. Discuss.

Oh, and you heard it here first, honey.

you know, that could bring in a ton of donations for the museum if Diana & Mary would just stand onstage together & talk about Motown.

Huh???

I'm thinking Diana might be doing a tour in late February/March...

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Oh please, please, please!!!

I'm confused...

Is an actual reunion being discussed and planned for this event? Or is it just an idea that came up for this?

Even if Diana is on tour, as long as it's not overseas, it's just an evening.........she's flown lots of places at the end of the day to do a concert.

So, Mary, cue us some more.............who told you this? You are pretty reliable and knowledgeable.

Then we'll guess some more.

supreme_lady Guest
    This would be a dream come true if this ever happens, please give us more information Marybrewster

smark21 Guest
    Source please?

Hi all, Merry Christmas!

In the mail, direct from the Motown Museum, I received a "Save the Date" card for Friday, March, 30, 2012.

Apparently a "Hitsville Honors; a Celebration of Motown Music" is being held that day. Festivities include: award presentations and chart-topping artists performing Motown classics.

At the bottom of the "invite" it reads:

"Diana Ross and the Supremes closed out the 60's singing "Someday We'll Be Together". Let's make March 30, 2012, that day!"

Mary, Carrie, Sherry or maybe you could be a Susan or a Bill - whoever you really are ... How is it that you are privileged to receive a Save-the-Date announcement for this gala affair while many Motown artists and actual Motown alums are still awaiting such a wonderful announcement to appear in their mailboxes? Simply tell us in terms that all of us can comprehend ... what is your direct connection to Motown whereby you are so honored.

Again,thank you for sharing with all of us here on the site... but, again why? Personally, I did not hear about this from your announcement on this site ... "I Heard it Through the Grapevine" much earlier.

Happy Holidays to all!

Doesn't mean that 'they will be together', just a case of 'lets all be together'. Diana has no interest in Motown whatsoever, just ask HW & AS.

I have to agree with Copley. It certainly doesn't say that the Supremes will be together, just that everyone should get together on that date for the celebration!

Yall
    and mean all of Yall
    Diana and Mary will not share a stage again in this lifetime.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff9nyc View Post
    I have to agree with Copley. It certainly doesn't say that the Supremes will be together, just that everyone should get together on that date for the celebration!
    Exactly...and anyone who took the last line in that note as a hint there will be a reunion is gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Exactly...and anyone who took the last line in that note as a hint there will be a reunion is gullible.
    In defense, that last line is very misleading. Yes, it most likely means that "hey let's all get together for that day." But, it could be implied that "Diana Ross & the Supremes closed out the 60's singing 'Someday We'll Be Together.' Let's make their reunion be March 30th!" Hinting at the possibility of a reunion. It's worded a certain way where you can take two meanings out of it. Maybe it was intentionally worded that way to get people to the function. Who knows, but someone chose that wording to catch people's interest on purpose.

Definitely sounds a bit deceptive in a way and to be perfectly honest if the girls were going to get together again, they would say it the “right way”.

the only way these two women [[including Miss Cindy) will get together is if there is some kind of truce. Cindy has always been available and Mary just wants respect and money. Diana can easily do it the ball is in her court, if she calls Mary and talks to her and lets her have a solo here and there its a done deal. Mary and Diana have to put old emotions aside [[no matter whose camp you are in) and say hey we are not getting any older lets get this thing done. I personally feel the best way to see them on stage again is to have Mary give her the Lifetime Achievement Award at the grammys now that would be a sight to see. Have the Supremes montage and the regular Ross montage and let the games begin. Ross and Wilson and Birdsong could do a medley of hits and that would be the reunion..