[REMOVE ADS]

More Hits [[Expanded) - Amazon delay!

Amazon [[UK) are now quoting 1-2 months delivery for the Supremes latest expaned set, "More Hits"!!!!

However, HMV.com are still shipping copies @ £8.99 with free postage.

I just got notice today from Amazon UK that my copy had been shipped. I decided to buy it through them because it was a super low price. I don't understand how they could be out of stock already.

Mines on its way too from Amazon.

Popular title! Mines on its way from HMV, but they normally take about a week to deliver.

Got mine today from HMV. They sent an email a few days ago that I would get it on the 19th and am happy they kept their promise even with all the extra christmas post.

Hope u'll all get it before christmas

Now Amazon.co.uk is showing more copies arriving on 27th December! Mine should be with me tomorrow from HMV.

Quote Originally Posted by booty View Post
    Amazon [[UK) are now quoting 1-2 months delivery for the Supremes latest expaned set, "More Hits"!!!!

However, HMV.com are still shipping copies @ £8.99 with free postage.
    This is very disappointing news..

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    This is very disappointing news..
    This is most definately not dissapointing, it means it is selling!

I ordered mine from HMV, got notification from them last Wednesday, and received my copy today.

Presumably Amazon allocate their stock on a first-come first served basis. When early delivery is particularly important, you need to place your order as soon as possible.

I'm sooo behind with these releases! I just got my copy of the 1974 Martha Reeves album on CD today! lol.

Mine arrived yesterday from Play.com - £8.99 still in stock.

Mine arrived from hmv yesterday and I spent a couple of hours just reading aan re-reading the excellent booklet notes. Today I'll play the tracks. I have to take these new CD releases just a little bit at a time or I forget what I've heard/read so quickly. Old age beckoning, methinks..

selinasian Guest
    At 1pm I got an e-mail from Amazon apologising but the disc has been delayed again til 24th December. Then at 4pm I got an e-mail saying it had been shipped!
    Must have been a new shipment in that 3 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by selinasian View Post
    At 1pm I got an e-mail from Amazon apologising but the disc has been delayed again til 24th December. Then at 4pm I got an e-mail saying it had been shipped!
    Must have been a new shipment in that 3 hours!
    Same here!

And there was great rejoicing all throughout the land!

Mine arrived from HMV on Monday morning - but the boyfriend won't let me play it. He's wrapped it up and stuck it under the Christmas tree. 4 more days to go!!!

Fingers crossed that mine will arrive in time for Christmas! A little present to myself!

Mine arrived from Amazon this morning.

Mine arrived yesterday from Amazon UK!

I've just received this and it looks a most impressive set. I'm looking through the first of the two booklets and find some diffuculty in reading the detail relating to Disc 2 with its light coloured text against a bold pink background. Perhaps it's me, but I wonder if anyone else has had a similar concern. Anyway, putting this minor irritant aside, I'm really looking forward to hearing this tonight.

With all these Supremes/Ross 'Expanded Editions', it made me wonder if there are plans for a Temptations 'Expanded Edition' based on any of their early albums. Any thoughts on this, Harry W?

Best,

Ray

I think there is a page or two in the singles collections for the Tempts and Sups that are a little hard to read too.......at least for old eyes.

selinasian Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I think there is a page or two in the singles collections for the Tempts and Sups that are a little hard to read too.......at least for old eyes.
    LOL!
    I read mine by use of a magnifying glass. It was the only way I could read that grey print on that pink paper. Don't they realise that the vast majority of purchasers for this type of set is either a coffin-dodger or shuffling towards the end of this mortal coil?
    There's a lot to be said for Large Print!!!!!!

Totally agree about the difficulty in reading the text on pink background, I gave up which is disappointing as I usually enjoy reading the track details. I thought this let the whole packaging down and wouldn't have bought it had I known. As said in other threads, all these tracks have been available previously in other forms. I just can't resist buying these releases, think it's a withdrawal effect since the let down of the non- release of The Complete Motown Singles vol 12.

I got one of those floppy reading magnifyers the other week. I just can't read the small print any more. I remember my grandparents reading the papers with one when I was a kid. Now i'm there too.....

honest man Guest
    Hello gang ,have had for over a week, love it, can somebody please post the credits etc from disc 2 ,no matter how i try cannot read, the pink backing etc, i am knocking on. i need the info would appreciate someone to scan and post, please, cheers

This expanded edition is one of the best ones HIPPO has done. The sound quality is great and the telephone call from Scotty Regan talking to Flo, Diana and Mary is priceless!

M'hello!

Guess what FINALLY made it's way in the mail?

The packaging is lovely [[although I am a little irritated that the clear holder for Disc 1 is cracked; with no doubt this happened in transit. Won't affect the playing of the CD's, but still.....)

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the "Meet the Supremes" program; I'm just eating it up! Who knew you could play squash in a suit, and is it just me, or is Diana one serious bowler? LOL.

Loving the "expanded" booklet as well. Maybe it's just my eyes, but I have no problem reading the grey on pink.

Can't wait to get home and give it a spin! Thanks HW, Andy, George and Co. for another "supreme" release!

Interesting...........the plastic case for CD1 also came cracked on my CD!

Reading on the pink background is a challenge; you need the right light, bright light.

It's a great package. I dont know how any Motown fan could pass it up.

Glad everyone is receiving their More Hits. Sorry to those who received cracked packages. And of course, my apologies for the difficult to read print. It was very legible on our proofs, but what came in the final product is definitely a challenge. All that aside, we're very happy you're all happy about the package. It was special to all of us to do. Let's hope for more Expanded Editions in 2012!

I have to admit that I only bought it because it was dirt cheap @ £8.99. I already have the 2-fer and have no interest in 'live' tracks especially 'Baby Love'. I have the other studio tracks. The booklets are of course the reason I spent £8.99. I'm not against expanded editions Andy but I hope that future releases don't just rely on mono & stereo versions with some odds & sods thrown in. According to their 'Lost & Found' there are no more completed studio tracks. I think that most people could hear the bottom of the barrel being scraped there. So how will you pad out two CDs? Answers on a postcard to ..........

Strangely enough the UK Spectrum releases used to be just as hard to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Andy View Post
    Glad everyone is receiving their More Hits. Sorry to those who received cracked packages. And of course, my apologies for the difficult to read print. It was very legible on our proofs, but what came in the final product is definitely a challenge. All that aside, we're very happy you're all happy about the package. It was special to all of us to do. Let's hope for more Expanded Editions in 2012!
    I had difficulty reading the notes, as well. I had to wait for a bright sunny day to read the pink pages.

Andy, in the future, I think you might need someone age 60+ read the proofs. lol

Got my copy today! I am really enjoying it! The packaging is so lovely! The booklets are awesome! What a treat. In the beginning, I never knew they would be doing deluxe editions for all of The Supremes' albums. I thought maybe they would only do a deluxe edition for Where Did Our Love Go. Since then, we've received two more. Everything is a bonus to me! I am appreciative of everything we get!

While I did order from the UK because it would save me some money, I have always and will always continue to support these releases as much as possible. A lot of effort is put into these releases and I think it's important to support the music of yesterday to ensure that things will continue to be released into the future.

Does anyone know who shouts "GET OUT!!" at the end of the Supremes interview on Disc 1? lol!! Is it Flo?
    Last edited by carlo; 12-29-2011 at 12:09 AM.

JohnJeb: I'm, ahem, 60+, I was one of those who read the proofs, and as Motown Andy says, the text was perfectly legible there. Haven't seen the finished item yet, but from what folk are saying, clearly something went wrong in printing. These things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    JohnJeb: I'm, ahem, 60+, I was one of those who read the proofs, and as Motown Andy says, the text was perfectly legible there. Haven't seen the finished item yet, but from what folk are saying, clearly something went wrong in printing. These things happen.
    Yes, I understand.

Of course, no sooner had I posted to this thread when I went off to read my Marvelettes Forever More booklet. The essay was fine but I had to use my magnifying glass for the track notations. It is mostly the dark pages that present a problem. I don't know if it's the font type or the low contrast between the two colors. I guess there's not much that can be done when we want so much information packed into our booklets.

Maybe Hip-O could further subsidize their CD releases with large-print editions of their booklets! lol

Of course it's a moot point with me, I rarely reread the essays or booklets in depth. I will reference some track notations on occasion and can manage to read what I need without too much difficulty.

The problem would be solved if the info was printed in black on a white background - simples

I'm very much looking forward to I HEAR A SYMPHONY with the mono and stereo versions;
    my all time fave/sentimental Supremes album...

The printing in the two booklets is definitely not the greatest. The centerfold photo of the girls in the blue dresses has a big white spot on Diana's face on mine and a lot of the images look very grainy. I guess that’s what you get when you spend the big bucks.

Hi All, Happy New Year to you
    Got my copy of More Hits from HMV UK but it only had the Meet the Supremes booklet, is this the norm for the UK release?
    Dickiemint

Dickiemint: Did you look inside both of the pockets of the digi-pack? There are two pockets on each end. The other booklet should be inside.

These things happen isnt really an excuse. It should have been corrected before they were put out in the market. Thats what proof reading is about. The booklets should be perfect as thats what so many are also interested in in expanded editions.

More Hits in mail box today from CD Wow, very nice. I was thinking, How nice it would be if they had disc 1 as is. And how really nice for disc 2, Try to find The Supremes singing as many songs from this lp as can be found for a DVD.

Thanks Carlo, I checked the 2 sides but only the one booklet, I might try to e mail harry or andyto see if he could post one to me.

Dickiemint, yes I would recommend getting in touch with Harry. My copy of The Miracles' Early Years had come without a booklet. Sometimes it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    I have to admit that I only bought it because it was dirt cheap @ £8.99. I already have the 2-fer and have no interest in 'live' tracks especially 'Baby Love'. I have the other studio tracks. The booklets are of course the reason I spent £8.99. I'm not against expanded editions Andy but I hope that future releases don't just rely on mono & stereo versions with some odds & sods thrown in. According to their 'Lost & Found' there are no more completed studio tracks. I think that most people could hear the bottom of the barrel being scraped there. So how will you pad out two CDs? Answers on a postcard to ..........
    If the barrel was being scraped for this CD, then continue scraping away. I must say that Hip-O have released some pretty impressive collections in their time, but for me, "More Hits" is the best one yet.

Brilliant work.

Wayne

Some of the alternate takes are different enough to be interesting, but I agree with Copley on this one.