[REMOVE ADS]

Which album is this Whispers' tune on?

Love this song -- video is cheesey, but so what? The song is great. What album is it on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moOM_UcDxH4

Love is where you find it

I loved "Emergency" the first time I heard it .. and it remains my favourite WHISPERS tune from that 1981/2 period.

I don't have the LP, but it seems it was on their "Love Is where You Find It" album ...

Roger

Yup! That song is on the "Love Is Where You Find It" album, and it is one of my favorite albums of the 80s. BTW, The "Love Is Where You Find It" album marks when Solar switched distribution from RCA to Elektra. The record label artwork changed as well.

Here are my three favorite Whispers albums:

Name:  whispers 1979.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  16.3 KBName:  whispers 1981.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  13.0 KBName:  whispers 1982.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  20.8 KB
    Last edited by soulster; 12-18-2011 at 10:09 PM.

I love the "Imagination" album, the first Whispers album I bought. Doesn't get much better than these legends!

+1 "Imagination" is the absolute best from beginning to end!

Great song, haven't heard this one in ages...is that a Leon Sylver's production?

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Great song, haven't heard this one in ages...is that a Leon Sylver's production?
    Oh yes! The vast majority of the Solar catalog during the years 1979-1983 are produced by Leon Sylvers III.

"Emergency" was played in Black Clubs [[or Discos) and was a floor jammer. The SOLAR Whispers albums are all some of the best work the group has done ,in that time period. The groups pre SOLAR albums on Janus ,show that they were just as good in that time period and made a smooth transition with the change in R&B/Soul that happened in the late 70's early 80's. If you don't know about the pre SOLAR work ,I recomend you check out and listen to them.

That's right, daddyacey! My favorite Whispers song from 1970 is "Seems Like I Gotta Do Wrong".