[REMOVE ADS]

The Steel Pier TV Show [[1960's / 70's)

Any of the US based SDF listies remember this TV show that was broadcast in Philly from 1960 [[as the 'Summertime On The Pier' show) before being syndicated from 1968 to 1978 [[as The Steel Pier Show).
    It went out on a Saturday afternoon & was presented by Philly radio DJ Ed Hurst.
    The show was staged in the theatre on Atlantic City's Steel Pier where Motown Revues played live gigs at times.
    Attachment 3998

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith View Post
    Any of the US based SDF listies remember this TV show that was broadcast in Philly from 1960 [[as the 'Summertime On The Pier' show) before being syndicated from 1968 to 1978 [[as The Steel Pier Show).
    It went out on a Saturday afternoon & was presented by Philly radio DJ Ed Hurst.
    The show was staged in the theatre on Atlantic City's Steel Pier where Motown Revues played live gigs at times.
    Attachment 3998
    I loved the Steel Pier Show and watched it every Saturday afternoon during the summer months.

Jim

The venue where the TV show was broadcast from .........
    Attachment 4006
    The likes of Jay & the Techniques, Dionne Warwick & the Silhouettes got to be on the show.
    Jim, can you recall some of the other [[soul) acts who featured on the show ?
    Last edited by jsmith; 12-19-2011 at 04:38 AM.

I watched it faithfully as a teen as well. One dancer that stands out in my mind was a guy called Twinkle Toes who danced on his tiptoes. I remember seeing Chubby Checker, Dee Dee Sharp, the Dreamlovers [[I guess Cameo-Parkway had a little payola going on), Barbara Mason, etc. What I found annoying was when they would show scenes of that darn diving horse!