[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marvelettes Mono/Stereo

On Volume One Marvelettes Forever, The albums Playboy and Marvelous Marvelettes and in mono.

The single CD issue of Playboy was a great sounding stereo mix, and the Marvelous Marvelettes came out later in mono as part of the Motown Masters series during the time the catalog was part of Polygram. The reissue producers were on a mono kick at that time as I recall.

We still do not have a version of that album in a stereo mix, and many of the singles B sides are in mono on Marvelettes Forever.

At some point it would be great if we could have as an addendum an additional Stereo release making these 2 albums available in Stereo. I sure would love to hear a stereo mix of my favorite B side "Your Cheating Ways ". Love the backup vocals on that cut, and Gladys's lead vocal and the instrumentation/arrangement......

The new 4 CD set is stunning. I remember buying the pink album in 1967 and being amazed at the quality of the material
    Last edited by 762rob; 12-17-2011 at 10:30 PM. Reason: miss spell