[REMOVE ADS]

sounds of blackness - getting a lot of attention

This new release is getting a lot of attention- deservedly so!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0w8GAYpans

I love Sounds of Blackness!

I didn't realize that Paris Bennett is Jamecia Bennett's daughter and Jamecia is Ann Nesby's daughter. Cool.

Nona Hendryx wrote a song for them called "Children of the World" a few years ago and they did a great job on it.

They are the outfit that has best straddled the divide between soul & gospel over the last 20 years.
    Mind you , even I didn't realise how far back they went until I checked out their history -- as the S of B they have been performing for 40 years now.
    I guess their older members can remember how the major labels [[ABC, etc.) had a go at marketing the best gospel acts to a much wider market in the 70's and this probably inspired them to follow the path they did.
    I'll have to check out this new release.

Saw them twice in concert:
    In Amsterdam around 1991 when their first A&M album was released they did a promo concert in the [[then called) Sonesta Koepelzaal with about 50 people in the audience plus Jam & Lewis and wives.
    In Miami 1991-1992? as opening act for Luther Vandross with whom they did a rousing final in Power of Love/Love Power.