[REMOVE ADS]

Stones 50th Reunion Tour/Beach Boys 50th reunion Tour...etc

Heloo, Girls, anybody home?>>>$$$$$$$
    at least do a "One Night Stand" for DVD/CD release..everyone can take their Ambien..yeesh

Unfortunately, I think the time for that has passed. I was watching some clips from the Return to Love tour this past week and one thing I noticed was Diana's lack of "connection" onstage with Lynda and Scherrie. It's not her fault. She's been a solo artist for most of her career. She is no longer used to working in a group setting. It was basically a Diana Ross solo concert with Lynda and Scherrie added in the background and more elaborate orchestrations, costumes and staging.

I think it would be difficult to recreate that magic that the Supremes had. I would love to see a reunion as much as the next person, but I honestly think that if it were to happen NOW, some people would be disappointed with the result. A lot of elements would be lacking, including the chemistry that Diana, Mary and Cindy had back in the 60's. For a reunion to be successful, it would have to be birthed out of friendship and sisterhood, not money. Just my opinion...

The decision of reuniting is in Diana's hands. She is clearly not interested. She seems like she is in a good place in her life these days. She's enjoying her family, her grandson and occasional concert tours. This seems to be the new pattern of her life and rightly so, she deserves to live in peace and good health. I have a hard time imagining her wanting to take on any big tours, Supremes reunions, movies or whatever else at this time in her life...
    Last edited by carlo; 12-16-2011 at 07:01 PM.

I would be more than happy seeing Diana, Mary and Cindy together on stage, accepting some sort of honour or lifetime achievement award. They need to be able to be in a room together before they can perform together again...

I was around for all that;
    she didn't interact with Scherrie and Lynda because they were last minute add ons, with no prior history of interaction..
    and even with Mary and Cindy, let's face it, it was primarily all about Ross, and that's the way we liked it..
    sorry, but the truth is the truth..
    they can do this, and from a business standpoint, they SHOULD do it, even if as a One Night Only deal, pay per view, for DVD release, whatever...

The Supreme Train left Reunion Station a long time ago!

Penny

I don't think a Supremes Reunion will ever happen, either. Based on the clips/bootlegs I've seen, RETURN TO LOVE looked and sounded great and I still wish Mary & Cindy had been involved...

Mick and Keith are barely speaking at this point, if they are speaking at all per Keith's book but can make music together. Mike Love and Brian Wilson sued each other for years and Brian is still ambivalent and said as recently as a month ago he does not really want to work them but ....[[$); Many of us loved the chemistry of the Supremes as many writers have said "the stars aligned with those 3." Anything is possible. Remember how many people said they would NEVER re-unite after Mary's book, yet they almost did. Diana has a some sense that her reputation suffered big time in 2000 and Im sure she wants a positive legacy. It may or may not happen.

I still hope and pray for a reunion of sorts, but I've come to realize that it won't happen. If someone asked me a year ago if a reunion would happen, I would say that there is always a possibility, but I think all three women are on different paths in their lives. I think Diana is finally at peace with her life, her family and greatest hits tour. I could see it on her face when I went to see her last year. She just seemed to be in a good place without any ill feelings. The same applies with Mary. Her gown collection, touring, and different music projects are her priorities at the moment. Cindy lives a private life. I don't think she's physically or vocally at point of doing a concert.

I think what's good to know is that the ladies are finally at a place of respect and appreciation for one another. It's something that I don't think was there 10 years ago. Diana and Mary speak highly of each other now and it's visible in Diana's tour during the video segment on the Supremes as well as Oprah's interview where she spoke about Mary and Florence in glowing terms [[unfortunately this was edited out of the special before it aired). At the end of the day, all of the ladies love and respect one another despite the bumpy roads of the past.

as well as Oprah's interview where she spoke about Mary and Florence in glowing terms [[unfortunately this was edited out of the special before it aired).
    That's too bad it was cut out - was this the latest time when Diana was on with her family or another time? Were you in the audience?

first I'm hearing about this... the last time Ross was on Oprah, they didn't even utter the word 'supremes'

I also heard that they discussed The Supremes on Oprah. I believe it was our very own Andy Skurow who was present in the audience that day and he mentioned that the topic had come up in their discussion, but it ended up being edited from the broadcast. Since he posts here, maybe he can elaborate...

Someone should track down what was said on Oprah about the Supremes. Oprah or her staff must think people don't care about that as much ~ their thinking wouldn't wash here.

I agree with all these posts, sadly. Many things are now lined up preventing any further reunions. People neglect it and many fans don't like it - but Ross's family will stand in the way of it if she ever moves in that direction.

And the fans and the online behaviour of a few bad ones have helped seal the fate of a reunion; that bad feeling does nothing positive which is partly why Mary Wilson asked that the behaviour stop.

There have been possibilities raised about at least one award to the Supremes - the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award a few years back; my understanding is that the Grammy Committee did not hear back from Diana Ross and I don't believe it has been pursued any further thereafter.

Hmmm-Didnt Diana have Mary cut out of a tape of a perfomrance where she had Mary come up on the stage with her- around 1981? As I recall a beautiful looking Mary entered the theater and the audience went nuts--and apparently Diana not happy, yet invited her up on stage and then had it excised. I think it's in JRT's first book.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Hmmm-Didnt Diana have Mary cut out of a tape of a perfomrance where she had Mary come up on the stage with her- around 1981? As I recall a beautiful looking Mary entered the theater and the audience went nuts--and apparently Diana not happy, yet invited her up on stage and then had it excised. I think it's in JRT's first book.

You love to stir that pot. She didn't invite her onstage, She went up to her in the audience.

After being a fan of The Supremes since 1964 I had high hopes that someday there would be a reunion.

I can say now that it no longer matters to me. I've seen Diana and Mary many times over the years so have settled for what I can get.

The memories I have of waiting for their next single and/or album release, buying Billboard to watch the releases ascend, scouring the TV guide for their next appearance not only on Ed Sullivan but many other shows are memories imbedded in my memory and I can recall them [[at least for now) effortlessly [[LOL).

Now, after years and years of reading some of the unkind posts on all-things-Supremes I am left with some sadness about "the girls" but I still have the thrill of my discovery of The Supremes and Motown -- an exciting time in musical history.

Merry Christmas to everyone on SDF!

It's Reunion Year!

Beach Boys confirm reunion tour and albumKim Hughes Dec 17, 2011 2 Comments

Many had anticipated this announcement last November during the Grammy Award nominations but better late than never: Cali surf pop legends the Beach Boys are reuniting for a 50-date tour in 2012 on their 50th anniversary [[!) as a band.

Rolling Stone reports that Brian Wilson, Mike Love, Al Jardine, Bruce Johnston and David Marks will participate and the will tour launch at New Orleans Jazz Fest in late April. "This anniversary is special to me because I miss the boys," Brian Wilson said in a statement quoted by RS. "It will be a thrill for me to make a new record and be on stage with them again."
    Earlier this year, the Beach Boys went into the studio to re-record their 1968 classic "Do It Again" for an as-yet-untitled new album planned for next year. [[Watch a clip of the session below.) Al Jardine confirms to RS that the Beach Boys will “do something really exciting” at the Grammys on February 12.

Jardine also says the group will present a diverse set list. "We haven't played together in a long time. The fans are going to want to hear the hits. But there should also be lesser-known ones that are so important."

If the planets align, 2012 could end up the year of the reunion tour. The original members of Black Sabbath have already confirmed a global jaunt and a new record with producer Rick Rubin. Speculation is rife that the Rolling Stones – who also fete 50 years as a band next year – might have tour plans brewing, potentially piggybacked on the Olympics in London next summer.

Ditto Guns N’ Roses, who will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next spring. Word that former bassist Duff McKagan’s new band Loaded supported the current lineup of Guns N’ Roses last night in Seattle – even joining the band on stage – augurs well for a truce among the original five members.

And then there is Van Halen featuring David Lee Roth, who have completed a new album, signed a deal with Interscope and are hotly tipped to be hitting the road in 2012. We wait anxiously.

Meantime, As RS notes, the Beach Boys have been touring in different camps ever since the death of Carl Wilson in 1998. They've exchanged numerous lawsuits and nasty comments in the press, but Mike Love says that negativity is all behind them. "All that stuff is long forgotten," he tells Rolling Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by motownlover1964 View Post
    After being a fan of The Supremes since 1964 I had high hopes that someday there would be a reunion.

I can say now that it no longer matters to me. I've seen Diana and Mary many times over the years so have settled for what I can get.

The memories I have of waiting for their next single and/or album release, buying Billboard to watch the releases ascend, scouring the TV guide for their next appearance not only on Ed Sullivan but many other shows are memories imbedded in my memory and I can recall them [[at least for now) effortlessly [[LOL).

Now, after years and years of reading some of the unkind posts on all-things-Supremes I am left with some sadness about "the girls" but I still have the thrill of my discovery of The Supremes and Motown -- an exciting time in musical history.

Merry Christmas to everyone on SDF!
    Very lovely posting indeed but nice that we have our memories. Like you I am under no false illusion that there will be a Supremes reunion and like you I am fine with that. I shall continue to enjoy Diana and Mary's solo concerts.

Most of us know a reunion will probably never happen. It seems only a few like Luke, Jimi and marv2 that have a hard time accepting this. Oh well, it's their energy.

Happy Holidays to you my dear.

Fondly,

Roberta

smark21 Guest
    Well in lieu of Diana, Mary and Cindy reuniting, perhaps Shantal Baker and Pearlie Salters can patch up their differences and do a reunion tour for The New Supremes IV.

No no no..........it'll be Luke Marv2 and Carlo..........the 00's Supremes? They're already in a group though.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post

Yeah, that was during that "diana" television special in 1981. Mary sang part of "Reach Out and Touch Somebody's Hand". It never made the broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Very lovely posting indeed but nice that we have our memories. Like you I am under no false illusion that there will be a Supremes reunion and like you I am fine with that. I shall continue to enjoy Diana and Mary's solo concerts.

Most of us know a reunion will probably never happen. It seems only a few like Luke, Jimi and marv2 that have a hard time accepting this. Oh well, it's their energy.

Happy Holidays to you my dear.

Fondly,

Roberta
    I don't have a hard time accepting anything. I don't even think about it until I come here. Thanks.

Do I need a Supremes reunion in concert form? NO! That would be too much to hope for.
    They wouldn't have to sing a note together, on my account.
    It would be very nice, though, if they just could get together at some place, shake hands, maybe share a little hug and/or kiss - for ole' time's sake - and publicly bury that damn hatchet.
    In order we on SDF can go on loving them and talk about their musical legacy.

In order we on SDF can go on loving them and talk about their musical legacy.................without flamethrowers and other weapons of war?