[REMOVE ADS]

United Sound Systems?

Hello everyone.

I went by the United Sound building today, and it looks to be still in use, but nobody was around. I'm interested in contacting the current owner or knowing if this place is still in the recording business. Can anyone help me out with an update, or contact information? The last news I can find is from the early 2000s and says it had been re-opened.

Thanks for any help!

Try getting in touch with Willie Davis at this number 313-831-8590. That is currently shown on the internet as his number. Let forum members know if this works. Best I can come up with.

Here's a picture of Don Davis working in United Sound back in [[early) 1975.
    Can anyone ID the musicians stood behind him [[a sax & guitar player) ??
    Attachment 3947

The gentleman on the sax is Eli Fontaine. I can't tell who the guitar player is. Eli was always around United.

The guitar player looks a little like Robert White.

isaamoor, are you sure the studio was open? I stopped by the place last September and it was deserted.
    That's great to hear if it is truly up and running. United Sound ought to be preserved just as much as Hitville's studio A is.

I wouldn't say it was open - just that it looked to be still in use. The property was kept, the security screens looked brand new, there was signage in the parking lot saying it was for patrons only, etc. I was there on a Sunday, so I wasn't expecting anyone to be around... but I'd say the building looks to be still owned and maintained by someone... I'm hoping they are still making records there.

Thanks for the phone number - will try him at some point soon and reply back here.

Are Don and Willie Davis related?

Yes - they are brothers.