[REMOVE ADS]

Cool big break records/diana ross 80s

just got an email from Big Break Records ,[[who have been remastering and re-releasing the POINTER Sisters albums on cd[ serious slammin...next cd 2012]...... but i just found out that they are planning on diana ross 80's catalogue in the near future. no date given. just for fyi.

Wow, about time this will happen! Let's hope they do all of her best RCA albums [[Why Do Fools, Ross and Swept Away!!!)

Good news; there were great songs on some of those albums.........Shine, Summertime, Dirty Looks, alot of the Bee Gees produced album...........

i suggested they start off with ROSS 83 which seems to be the album people talk about the most - or has the most rumoured out takes. we'll see what happens

I'd love to hear the unreleased songs.

Big Break does not release unreleased songs: the extra's are usually 45"s or 12-inch mixes.

Normally i'd give anything to hear unreleased Diana. But if the stuff she did in the 80's was the best of it - i'd rather not hear the canned stuff.

Here's a list of possible bonus tracks that could be included for the first 4 albums:

Why Do Fools Fall In Love:
    Mirror Mirror [[45 edit)
    Work That Body [[12" remix)
    Work That Body [[45 edit)

Silk Electric:
    Muscles [[12" remix)
    Muscles [[45 edit)
    So Close [[45 mix)

Ross:
    Pieces of Ice [[12" version)
    Pieces of Ice [[12" instrumental)
    Up Front [[US 12")
    Up Front [[UK 12")

Swept Away:
    Swept Away [[45 edit)
    Swept Away [[12" remix)
    Swept Away [[12" instrumental mix)
    Touch By Touch [[12" mix)
    Touch By Touch [[instrumental)
    Missing You [[45 mix)
    Fight For It

I wish to God they would stop compressing their CDs!

I already have all the RCA CD's. Unless the sound quality is tremendously different or there are some incredible extra tracks then I'm not really interested in these. Interesting that I bought almost all these on CD when they first came out. Wow, just realized how long CD's have been with us.

Soulster.........explain what compressing means and what it does to the sound. Thanks.

I'm extremely happy with the quality of BBR releases. If you don't like the sound - simple solution, just don't buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Soulster.........explain what compressing means and what it does to the sound. Thanks.
    I will be happy to later on. Right now I'm on lunch.

See "the loudness wars"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loudness_war

Thanks guy; I guess the bottom line is if I continue to listen to music mainly in my truck or on Youtube, it won't matter much. But if I had a good stereo system and my favorite part faded [[like when Flo sings on You Keep Me Hangin On or Diana tells Ray "you say that to all the girls Ray"), I would hear compression.

Thanks guy; I guess the bottom line is if I continue to listen to music mainly in my truck or on Youtube, it won't matter much. But if I had a good stereo system and my favorite part faded [[like when Flo sings on You Keep Me Hangin On or Diana tells Ray "you say that to all the girls Ray"), I would hear compression.
    No, it's not like that. You'd hear it on a boombox! I guess what you need are sound samples of what it is.