[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Question???

I think it's safe to say that either Michael Jackson, or Stevie Wonder hold the record for the youngest act on Motown to score either a top ten hit, or number one. On the flip side, who was the oldest artist and what was the age of that artist, when they scored either a top ten or number one record for Motown records?

I think that it would be Smokey. He was 47 when he had top ten pop hits with JUST TO SEE HER and ONE HEARTBEAT. And he was 50 the last time that he hit the R&B top 10 with EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH.

Re groups: Otis Williams of the Tempts' was 48 when the group hit the R&B top 10 with SPECIAL.

Thanks Reese.

Bilal Abdulsamad from The Boys was 9 years old when "Dial My Heart" went #1 R & B in 1988. That might beat out Stevie; not sure about MJ.

Diana Ross was 51 when "Take Me Higher" went to #1 Dance in 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Bilal Abdulsamad from The Boys was 9 years old when "Dial My Heart" went #1 R & B in 1988. That might beat out Stevie; not sure about MJ.
    It beats them both. Stevie was 13 when he hit #1, and Michael was 11.