[REMOVE ADS]

Fakealettes Promo Photo for Sale on EBAY

Who the heck are these impostors??? What a joke.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LOLOL-what next? Didnt Katherine imply shes gotten the rights or was close to doing so? I think these are the Larry Marshak ones.

smark21 Guest
    Those "Marvelettes" are giving Supreme Shantal Baker a run for her money in the hooch sweepstakes.

huntergettingcaptured Guest
    You know, these photos of the fake Marvelettes have been popping up on ebay for years. I just wonder who, if anyone buys those fakes?

Quote Originally Posted by huntergettingcaptured View Post
    You know, these photos of the fake Marvelettes have been popping up on ebay for years. I just wonder who, if anyone buys those fakes?
    And I'm wondering what parking lots they need to hang around in to get their post performance autographs!!

Roger

They were one of Larry Marshak's groupings. The one on the right is named Carolyn as they used to perform at
    a place near Orlando called "Little Darlin's Rock & Roll Palace" [[later changed to Wolfman Jack's). It seems they
    told people they were the traveling Marvelettes

Who is the woman in the center?

No clue! All those fake groups changed members constantly and most of the time by the time the photos were printed
    the line-up had already changed again.

I wonder if the James Kriegsmann logo is as fake as these three?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    I wonder if the James Kriegsmann logo is as fake as these three?
    I never even noticed that! lol!!

I saw it on ebay and was confused by it. I had a feeling that it was not the marvelettes.

And like a poster upthread said, the identity of those girls are prob unknown, although the photo going by the fashions, looks to be around the mid 80s or later.

Another Fake Marvelettes promo pic:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MC-PHOTO-aib...ht_2924wt_1010
    Last edited by candykamaine; 11-29-2011 at 05:09 PM.

I think we should find Larry Marshaks website and bombard it with messages of disgust that he can put out these fake Marvelettes...Paulo xxx

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    those "marvelettes" are giving supreme shantal baker a run for her money in the hooch sweepstakes.
    hooch sweepstakes???...hummm all proceeds from any event involving hooch should be sent to me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arrr&bee View Post
    hooch sweepstakes???...hummm all proceeds from any event involving hooch should be sent to me!!!
    I know that's right JAI! hehehehehehehe........

Someone mention Hooch? Having a rather large Blue Smirnoff as we speak!..Paulo xxx

that mars agency is a tribute group dumpster.which is ok 'till some joker doesnt know its a tribute outfit and thinks he has the real group photo.
    http://www.marstalent.com/
    Last edited by tamla617; 11-29-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Are these ladies now billing themselves as the "Marvelettes Tribute?"--since when?

http://www.utopiaartists.com/bio_marvelettes.htm

Who writes this stuff?
    Gladys and Wanda made guest appearances.... where and with whom? Certainly not these gals.
    Last edited by pj1; 11-29-2011 at 09:42 PM.

^^ Looks copy pasted to me the first half, I usally can't stand stuff like this. The Drifters have the same problem with fakes and everything.

And about the faux Marvelettes that I posted, I knew for a fact that they weren't Marvelettes because the girls in the pic are too young to be from the original group [[heck maybe even little girls when the group was active at motown), since the article attached was from 1994. -_- But a sucker does not even know the difference because he probably it's the real group.

huntergettingcaptured Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    And I'm wondering what parking lots they need to hang around in to get their post performance autographs!!

Roger
    LOL!! How true, how true!