[REMOVE ADS]

R kelly nabbed to write soundtrack for "sparkle" remake

Soulster R Kelly is currently working on original material for the upcoming "Sparkle" remake. I guess he'll be the "Curtis Mayfield" for the remake. A lot of the movie is being filmed in my neighborhood plus I know a lot of extras in the film. Looking forward to it for several reasons. Saw Whitney and Jordan Sparks on tv the other day and they both looked amazing. Time will tell if it all lives up to the hype. The very first time that I went to a movie theater was to see "Sparkle" and a Bruce Lee movie [[with a topless lady in it). I was 10 years old and my oldest brother took me. My mother would have had a fit if she knew that I saw those two movies.

This spells trouble. Nothing that he could write will ever compare to what I consider those mini-masterpieces Curtis composed for the original film! It cannot be done.

I don't know whether to be excited about this movie or not. The original Sparkle movie did not excite me. For me, it was underwhelming. The music is ok. I prefer Aretha's cover of "Sparkle". Hopefully this re-make will turn things up a notch or two.

This is not a good idea. That original soundtrack is as legendary, as the movie itself. This is like remaking "the Wiz", "Grease", or "West Side Story" with a whole new soundtrack. Doesn't make sense at all.