[REMOVE ADS]

Florence Ballard Fan Club.....?

http://www.florenceballardfanclub.com/

Is this still in existence?

I don't think so.

If it was still active, there would be a paypal link or something instead of just a order form. And I did not know she had a fan club, I wish I could have joined.

I belonged to this years.....and years ago. This must have been in the late 80's. Alan White ran it. I remember they had a couple of conventions in Los Angeles. There were newsletters. I'll go through my stuff and see what I can find. I still have newsletters from the Mary Wilson fan club [[from same time) ran by Carl F. as well as quite a few from the FLOS fan club when Steve Weaver ran it in England before turning it over to David Kramlick in San Francisco. That dissolved several years ago. I think a lot of the old 'paper' fan clubs are pretty much gone now as the computer has taken it's place.
    Last edited by blueskies; 11-18-2011 at 12:42 PM.

I think there is a yahoo club-Forever Faithful maybe?

Anybody know what happened to Alan White?

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Anybody know what happened to Alan White?
    Good question, Bayou. I'm still trying to find out what happened to John Kydd.
    Last edited by blueskies; 11-18-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Good question, Bayou. I'm still trying to find out what happened to John Kydd.
    Cindy Birdsong would probably know where John is. She and John were very good friends. You could also send J. Randy a message via facebook as he was friendly with John Kydd as well.

Roberta

I spoke to John Kydd, aka John Whyman a couple years ago. Seems he was living in Maryland. I have his number, I'll try to catch up with him. He taped ETH Diana Ross with us but decided not to sign the release form so he was not used. He is very devoted to Mary and Scherrie. Very nice guy

Thumbs down

What was the ETH taping?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Cindy Birdsong would probably know where John is. She and John were very good friends. You could also send J. Randy a message via facebook as he was friendly with John Kydd as well.

Roberta
    Thank you, Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    I spoke to John Kydd, aka John Whyman a couple years ago. Seems he was living in Maryland. I have his number, I'll try to catch up with him. He taped ETH Diana Ross with us but decided not to sign the release form so he was not used. He is very devoted to Mary and Scherrie. Very nice guy
    Thank you, Bayou. I had that 12" LP "Up The Ladder" with Cindy, Scherrie, Jayne Edwards and I vaguely remember Lynda Laurence was on the LP, but not the pic on the LP. By the way, it was a terrific pic of the ladies with John. If you catch up with John, keep us posted on what he's up to. Let him know that LP is still being enjoyed after all these years. Do you have any idea of what Jayne Edwards is up to these days?

I have the vast majority of the Fan Club newsletters. Here is what I have in my collection:

Volume 1, Issue 1 November-December 1986
    Volume 2, Issue 1 January-February 1987
    Whiteley Gallery Exhibit Booklet - 24 pages Exhibit ran from June 8-21, 1987
    Volume 2, Issue 3 September 1987
    Volume 3, Issue 1 February 1988
    Volume 3, Issue 2 May 1988
    EZTV Gallery Exhibit Booklet - Second Annual F. B. Exhibit - July 1-31, 1988 - 20 pages
    Volume 3, Issue 3 Summer/Fall [[November) 1988
    Volume 4, Issue 1 July 1989
    March 1990
    July 1991
    August 1992
    November 1993
    October 1996

I have confirmed through a reliable source that there exists a July 1998 newsletter which would have been the final [[?) newsletter, but I have never been able to obtain a copy of this to complete my collection.

If anyone has a copy of this final [[?) newsletter, and need a copy of any of the ones that I currently have in the collection, I would be more than pleased to exchange copies. All newsletters were black and white and easily copied on any ordinary copier. If interested, please email me at explorereph@aol.com. Thank you.