[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Is it a US release or a foreign one Marv ? If it`s the former I`d like an image for my catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    Is it a US release or a foreign one Marv ? If it`s the former I`d like an image for my catalogue.
    I bought one in Detroit and one in Toledo.

Is it a US or overseas release Marv? If it`s a US cover I`d like an image for my catalogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Polhill View Post
    Is it a US or overseas release Marv? If it`s a US cover I`d like an image for my catalogue.

I havent looked at them in over 15 years so I don't know .

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I havent looked at them in over 15 years so I don't know .
    You tease!!!

I really enjoyed this period of Marvin's work [[although I LOVED "Pride & Joy" from his earlier years and what's better than "Sexual Healing" from his later years?)

Little Darling [[ I Need You).
    It’s pure, bouncy Motown. True, it’s also a lesser known Marvin song [[as 4/5ths of his greatest hits collections are without it) but personally, in my ears, it’s more fun to listen to than most of his bigger known ones. Also, got to love the message; to hang on to that woman, even if it means being her “Number One Fool”.

I think for me Gaye's middle period was his best. I love the sly groove of "That's the Way Love Is" and "I Heard it Through the Grapevine." The whole "Love Is" album took advantage of Gaye's supple voice and as I recall many of the songs utilized his fine occasional falsetto. I loved the cover too. It kind of reminds me now of The Supremes "Touch," sort of a nod to the psychedelic art of the time such as the posters of Peter Max.