[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha cleans out her closet

The Queen of Soul will have a yard sale [[not in a yard though lol) at an un-disclosed location this Saturday, Nov. 19th. The location will be announced Saturday morning to assure crowd control. http://kissdetroit.com/pulse/tomjoyn...ut-her-closet/

Man, there is gonna be some unique stuff there, not in size only ~ like the get up in the picture.

LOL jobeterob...watching the news this morning and it's 7am, they still have not announced the location but it will be in Livonia. Said that items will start as low as $20.

38099 Schoolcraft in Livonia. Actually, these were the items found in a storage unit several months ago by a man and woman that belonged to Aretha. They have a slew of great looking items. I wonder how does Aretha feel about all of this.

There were some articles of clothing on EBay that said "from Aretha's Closet" for sale recently. I remember one article had stains running down the front of the jacket. Yet, they were asking in the hundreds......

A little bit tacky..........but you might get some fancy drapes out of it.

Wonder how Aretha lost this stuff? Not another errant son I hope. And of course, most of it is now unusable by her. She probably had someone dispose of stuff who saw a quick buck and skipped the dump or wherever it was to go.

You Detroit guys need to head over and take a look.

Has she got dresses for sale, I could use a another 12 X 12 foot tarpualin to clean leaves with....

Yer such a beast..........and poor Aretha, but I couldn't help but laugh.

Jillfoster, from what I saw on EBay it was jackets/suits...........an off white jacket with a big stain completely down the front of the jacket and a Chanel Suit with missing buttons......not sure if they were 12X12 LOL......

First Hardcore Pawn, now Detroit enters the Storage Wars arena.

Is this auction/sale for charity?

Nothing was mentioned, Skooldem1.....

The sale was not for charity. Apparently Aretha had some things in storage and the storage fee was not paid for whatever reason and someone else obtained ownership of the items. From what I saw on the news, there were some great looking items in great shape, including a dress she wore in "The Blues Brothers" and some items that she has wore at some important events. There were a ton of hats and jillfoster [[TOOOO FUNNNEEEE...HAAAA)

There is a picture of a cape in the news article.........it could do the tarpaulin job ~ it's that big.

I have a question: Why would such a thing as this happen to Aretha Franklin? Does she not care? There have always been stories of unpaid bills. It never makes much sense. She says she doesn't know what's being sold but they say it's for unpaid storage fees.

Any explanation?

Yes, that cape was HUGE. So far, to my knowledge Aretha has not said a word about this situation. It was probably just poor handling of business. I take it that the bill for the storage got lost in a pile of other paper work and next thing you know, someone else obtained ownership. Here is the original article when the items were first discovered in an abandoned storage unit http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...-20110520-wpms . There were a ton of hats and I know that she gets a lot of her hats from Mr. Song's Milinary. I did a photoshoot about a year ago with some of the hats from that establishment and the price tags ran anywhere from $800 to $2,000 per hat. There must have been hundreds of thousands of dollars in merchandise at the sale.
    Aretha has stated in the past that her brother Cecil used to handle all of her business affairs but he has been deceased for a long time now. I've read of background singers complaining of not being paid in a timely manner or at all. I know make up artists and others who have serviced "The Queen" but not received pay. Not that the money isn't there, just the business is not properly taken care of.

That definitely was Aretha's reputation. Between that and Martha's hard times, Detroit had a tough reputation.

Go look up Aretha Franklin Unpaid Bills online; there are Jet Magazine articles about 30 lawsuits and a lot of other articles about unpaid accounts at Saks etc.; she contends thats only one side of the story; and there is talk about bad management etc.