[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Patti it is all well and good to say "Return to Love" should have been Cindy and what's her name. In reality, when Florence met with an early transitioning, that took away any realities of a legitimate Supremes reunion. I will say for the umpteenth time, I was a Supreme fan but my allegiances were with Diana. I cannot help it. From the moment I saw that face on the cover of "Where Did Our Love Go", I couldn't stop looking at her. I naively thought that she and Mary were close friends because it seemed appropriate. Florence, even on the cover of "Where Did Our Love Go" always seemed a little detached and confronted. I didn't have the language to identify it at 11 years old but I just remember having to almost force myself to look up to see Florence on the cover. I am not going to rehash "Return to Love" issues as I am sure they have been beaten into submission numerous times. But for me, it was a fabulous show that celebrated the songs that identified my formative years. Though Lynda and Scherrie were virtually the same age as Florence and what's her name, they somehow looked younger and more vibrant. So when they hit that stage, at the Palace in Detroit, they fit their roles perfectly. Lynda with her blonde wig looked prettier than Florence was at times, Scherrie was and is adorable. It took ages before we found out that Cindy actually wanted to be a part of "Return to Love". However, what's her name selfishly messed up that opportunity for her as well. By the time she expressed interest, the producers had decided to go in a different direction. Call me gullible, but, I bought into Diana's suggestion that various Supremes members join the tour at appropriate intervals. I would have loved to seen Jean pop up in Philadelphia and really do justice to the Suprms '70s material. But, alas, that didn't happen. What did happen was a night of sheer bliss. Somewhere in the world, there exists the full version of opening night at the Spectrum videotaped by VH1. I just cannot see that they recorded a few songs and then turned the cameras off. That would have been foolish and shortsighted. But who knows. I'll hold out hope that it exists, just caught me in legalities. But back to Miss Patti. I love you dear Patti, but maybe you should learn to censor yourself a little. The LaBelle reunion was no landmark event. It came and went without a lot of fanfare including their rather underwhelming reunion CD, "Back to Now".....so maybe her concentration should have been on making those two things better rather than lamenting about something that was really none of her concern.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokiluis View Post
    Patti it is all well and good to say "Return to Love" should have been Cindy and what's her name. In reality, when Florence met with an early transitioning, that took away any realities of a legitimate Supremes reunion. I will say for the umpteenth time, I was a Supreme fan but my allegiances were with Diana. I cannot help it. From the moment I saw that face on the cover of "Where Did Our Love Go", I couldn't stop looking at her. I naively thought that she and Mary were close friends because it seemed appropriate. Florence, even on the cover of "Where Did Our Love Go" always seemed a little detached and confronted. I didn't have the language to identify it at 11 years old but I just remember having to almost force myself to look up to see Florence on the cover. I am not going to rehash "Return to Love" issues as I am sure they have been beaten into submission numerous times. But for me, it was a fabulous show that celebrated the songs that identified my formative years. Though Lynda and Scherrie were virtually the same age as Florence and what's her name, they somehow looked younger and more vibrant. So when they hit that stage, at the Palace in Detroit, they fit their roles perfectly. Lynda with her blonde wig looked prettier than Florence was at times, Scherrie was and is adorable. It took ages before we found out that Cindy actually wanted to be a part of "Return to Love". However, what's her name selfishly messed up that opportunity for her as well. By the time she expressed interest, the producers had decided to go in a different direction. Call me gullible, but, I bought into Diana's suggestion that various Supremes members join the tour at appropriate intervals. I would have loved to seen Jean pop up in Philadelphia and really do justice to the Suprms '70s material. But, alas, that didn't happen. What did happen was a night of sheer bliss. Somewhere in the world, there exists the full version of opening night at the Spectrum videotaped by VH1. I just cannot see that they recorded a few songs and then turned the cameras off. That would have been foolish and shortsighted. But who knows. I'll hold out hope that it exists, just caught me in legalities. But back to Miss Patti. I love you dear Patti, but maybe you should learn to censor yourself a little. The LaBelle reunion was no landmark event. It came and went without a lot of fanfare including their rather underwhelming reunion CD, "Back to Now".....so maybe her concentration should have been on making those two things better rather than lamenting about something that was really none of her concern.
    Flo didn't meet an early transitioning, she DIED.

yes, Patti it is not cute anymore~~~~~~~~~
    and yes Miss Thing still like you but I think she is tired of it too.
    As, I mentioned earlier I think this is an old mention from Ms. Labelle. What she found out that even witht the original members it is not that easy.

I may be wrong but I think he meant early transititioning meant leaving here and moving over spirtually.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    I may be wrong but I think he meant early transititioning meant leaving here and moving over spirtually.
    "early transitioning" is a new agey euphenism for "she died young".

Yeah! When Mary did her "My Life" speech out in front of Hitsville that night on "Primetime Live: Downtown", it was television drama at it's best!...It's never been uploaded to Youtube
    I wonder why it hasn't been uploaded anywhere - does anyone have a copy?

Yes, I do have a copy. I tried uploading it once in the past and I was unsuccessful because the video quality got messed up in the process. I will try again sometime over the holidays.

Thanks, Carlo - I'd love to see it...

I would love to hear what Nona and Sarah has to say about how the labelle reunion went.

Carlo--how freakin cute-mom getting you out of bed --out little Motowner!!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Carlo--how freakin cute-mom getting you out of bed --out little Motowner!!
    Thanks! Yeah, as much as I probably drove and still drive my Mom up the wall with The Supremes over the years, she was always good to me when I was young...taping shows and interviews, accompanying me to concerts and buying me books or CD's for Christmas. However, when I tried to cover every inch of my bedroom walls with pictures of The Supremes as a kid, she made me take it all down. lol.

Oh no!! You keep goin Carlo--carry it on when some of us "transition" lol.

Shouldn't this be removed if the clip ain't there for all of us to see? I was there for the beginning of the RTL tour - the ladies got on great - still do. The last line-up of Diana Ross & The Supremes.

revvy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    Shouldn't this be removed if the clip ain't there for all of us to see? I was there for the beginning of the RTL tour - the ladies got on great - still do. The last line-up of Diana Ross & The Supremes.
    Get over it , Steve! Nobody likes this grouping of scab Supremes except for you! You probably play that horrible video every night before you go to sleep!

Never seemed like the Supremes to me and the clips I saw were not good. How can a group be presented as singer and as one NY columnist said" the other two standing like they were at another end of an airport?"

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Never seemed like the Supremes to me and the clips I saw were not good. How can a group be presented as singer and as one NY columnist said" the other two standing like they were at another end of an airport?"
    That was not a group in any sense of the word. Save for a few promo pics taken together they were hardly a group.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That was not a group in any sense of the word. Save for a few promo pics taken together they were hardly a group.
    For once we agree. I was originally psyched up for a re-union of the Supremes. When it became in reality a Diana Ross tribute to the Supremes, I decided not to attend. I could see that in smaller places than MSG, like RCMH, and cheaper.

Having said that, I have seen the concert on DVD and it was good. But, as stated above, a 747 could have landed between Diana and Lynda and Sherrie.

The music industry is a business, and as such, I can not blame Sherrie and Lynda to jump at the opportunity to make a quick buck.

But this is all a dozen years old and I am over it. I continue to support ALL the Supremes and all that they do.