[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross sings "Baby Love" - Tonight Show [[1975)

Now this is a real treat! Pregnant Diana sings a full complete version of "Baby Love" on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in 1975 and knocks it out of the park. I love her facial expressions!

RossHolloway Guest
    Yea, that was really nice performance. Did anyone else notice she has on a wedding band? I don't think I've ever seen her with one on before.

Well I guess I can see why it remains so popular. Her "oohs" are part of her signature. Well done.

Never saw this before. Great gem. She's obviously inspired by the not so bad live band!

Wow, what memories, I remember this show. She was promoting Mahogany and told Johnny she had just seen the Supremes [[at their Heart Fundraiser) and that they reminded her it was her 15th year in show business. She sang Baby Love letter perfect.

I saw this the night it aired towards the end of 1975 but before Christmas. What was she thinking? How was she feeling that night. I know someone here will know and answer me, LOL!!!!

OMG
    I remember this
    what a classic ___ thanks for the memories.

Great clip bradsupremes. So crisp and clear. Thanks for sharing.

Best to you.

Roberta

I had never seen this. It was a true find; Brad is great at tracking down these rare items.

My friends BlackAmerica Cinema uploaded this to Youtube. They have a great collection.

Bradsupreme, thank you. That was wonderful and I don't remember ever seeing it before.

Penny

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Bradsupreme, thank you. That was wonderful and I don't remember ever seeing it before.

Penny
    She's lovely on that clip isn't she Penny? bradsupremes found us a real gem.

Roberta

She is so beautiful in that Roberta and her voice is perfect. I am so glad I got to see that.

Penny.

Laurel Guest
    That's just wonderful. I'm going to share this with my grandchildren when they come over to visit this weekend. Baby Love is one my all time favorite Diana Ross songs. I know there are going to be a lot grandparents and parents here who are going to share this. I think it's very important that we share the music and memories with our youngsters so they can come to love it as much as we do. That's the only way our music will continue to live on.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post

Penny
    Penny, several weeks after this, Florence Ballard died. Doesn't seem like it's been that long though.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
    That's just wonderful. I'm going to share this with my grandchildren when they come over to visit this weekend. Baby Love is one my all time favorite Diana Ross songs. I know there are going to be a lot grandparents and parents here who are going to share this. I think it's very important that we share the music and memories with our youngsters so they can come to love it as much as we do. That's the only way our music will continue to live on.
    What a perfectly lovely thing to do Laurel.

God bless you.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel View Post
    Yeah "Baby Love" was a favorite Supremes song for a lot of people but then they played it too much on the radio until it became boring. It sounds good if I hear it once every 3 or 4 years now.

I am not into idol worship but I had to watch this twice this is the best performance of Diana doing Baby Love I have ever seen. Marv., you are right this is not a song I can listen to everyday but it is great when you dont hear it a lot. Her expressions look like Ms Powell is not around anymore I can show my eyes again...LOL I must say this is a great clip and I love what she has on.
    Steph

Quote Originally Posted by stephanie View Post
    I am not into idol worship but I had to watch this twice this is the best performance of Diana doing Baby Love I have ever seen. Marv., you are right this is not a song I can listen to everyday but it is great when you dont hear it a lot. Her expressions look like Ms Powell is not around anymore I can show my eyes again...LOL I must say this is a great clip and I love what she has on.
    Steph
    Yeah, this is back when Diane was still groovy and all that. We were in high school; It was the opening song to "Cooley High" remember? Where did the time go Steph? LOL!!!!
    Last edited by marv2; 11-11-2011 at 11:02 PM.

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Great clip bradsupremes. So crisp and clear. Thanks for sharing.

Best to you.

Roberta
    I remember when she co-hosted the Rock Awards she was preggers then too.

Quote Originally Posted by dianesfan_1965 View Post
    I remember when she co-hosted the Rock Awards she was preggers then too.
    Really. Any footage you could possibly share dianesfan?

Roberta

Both of them all color co-ordinated too!

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Thank you so much skooldem1.

Best to you.

Roberta

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post

Thanks for finding this!