[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson and The Rhythm Kings!

Here is a very recent clip [[October 28, 2011) of one Motown's most enduring stars.......Ms. Mary Wilson! Here she is performing "Don't Know Why" during her current tour of the U.K. with Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings. Enjoy:

"Dancing In the Street"

Mary sounds great!

She sure does--her voice doesnt age!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    She sure does--her voice doesnt age!
    and judging from how she looks in that short dress.........her legs don't either! LOL!

you mean the Supremes didn;t have enough of their own songs that she gotta sing Marthas song, MMM, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    you mean the Supremes didn;t have enough of their own songs that she gotta sing Marthas song, MMM, LOL
    I think over the years, it's pretty standard for any Motown artist to "cover" other of their labelmates tunes. I think Diana used to do a "Motown Medley"; wasn't it included on one of her live albums?

Everybody did everybody's songs. I don't see the problem. Darlene Love says that black divas are very territorial over their songs--and said Martha Reeves was not happy when Darlene sang "Dancing In the Streets." This is especially odd considered Martha complained that Aretha once confronted her over doing "her songs."

I think Aretha is another one that gets pretty "diva-ish" when someone else is singing HER songs, but I find it ironic that she has NO PROBLEM whatsoever recording covers and singing other's songs in concert.

I always loved the way Mary sings "Don't Know Why". It's on her "Up Close" CD. Smokey covered the song in recent years too.

Mary Rocks! "Green River" y'all..........

Marys looks is a given!! Does she perform with Wyman during the concert? Love the Rhythm Kings!

Marys looks is a given!! Does she perform with Wyman during the concert? Love the Rhythm Kings!
    Luke, Bill Wyman is to the left of Mary playing guitar. She looks great!

Ah-thanks.

Love Mary . She's gonna be in Ipswich, UK in december. Never thought she would come here!!!!

Ah-thanks.
    He's kinda in the role of Ray Pannell, Mary's guitarist in her show. Hard to see him in these clips which are a bit rough.

Quote Originally Posted by motony View Post
    Mary better leave some songs where they belong... with the ultimate leadsinger of her former group.

Is Georgie Fame still in the Rhythm Kings?

Quote Originally Posted by robbert View Post
    Mary better leave some songs where they belong... with the ultimate leadsinger of her former group.
    Nah, she'll do whatever she wants. Ok? Thanks. Her audiences love her.

I cancelled my post, because marv had a fit over it. Nuff said.
    Last edited by robbert; 11-10-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Very true Marv.

Quote Originally Posted by robbert View Post
    I cancelled my post, because marv had a fit over it. Nuff said.

No, I was very calm when I wrote it, trust me. Mary Wilson has been onstage for 52 years now and I just feel that she has earned the right to sing and do anything she wants to on stage short of stripping [[and might not be so bad either....hehehehehe!).

So please, I would appreciate it if you do not exaggerate my response to your somewhat disrespectful post. Thanks.

Very true Marv.
    I mean really! We are not talking about some young, new inexperience girl singers here. We are talking music legend. We are lucky to still have a Mary Wilson or Smokey Robinson or Otis Williams/Temptations, etc,etc.

And even more so, the really big stars.........Stevie, Lionel, Aretha and DIANA! Right Marv?

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    And even more so, the really big stars.........Stevie, Lionel, Aretha and DIANA! Right Marv?
    If it is so in your mind..........! LOL!

Dont Know Why is great! Green River is better than it was years ago and I have to say for 67 years of age this is pretty good! This band seems to compliment Mary very well I didnt think it would be this good. Martha is the only one in my opinion who can pull off Dancing in the Street [[sorry Marv) but Ms Wilson made a smart move with this line up I hope she carries on with them for a while. I do miss her Symphony days but this is pretty good. I think I am Up Close and Personaled out....LOL Since I saw that show several times.