[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Chubby Checker

Chubby Checker

I saw Chubby Checker perform last night at the Volusia County Fair in Central Florida.
    His show is GREAT!!! He sang and danced for about 70 minutes and had the whole
    audience up twisting. A lot of audience participation. Anyway, this whole month
    he is in Branson, Mo. with the exception of last night's show. Amazingly, he performed
    Monday night in Branson, back today in Branson for a show.
    Check out his website: www.chubbychecker.com

He signed autographs afterwards and alerted the crowd a few hundred deep who
    were waiting that everyone who wanted an autograph would get one.

By the way, he drew a BIG audience and had already done a 4pm show. I was
    at the second show, 7pm.
    He said he just turned 70 October 3rd. He looks good! All that twisting--put
    on your Chubby discs and get a workout

Randy it's great to know that he can still make a living at doing what he loves and that he can draw a crowd. Not to mention he's been married to the same woman for @ 45 years!

I know that Nosey! I remember she was Miss World of 1963, I think, from either Holland or Belguim. Anyways, I took Nilda
    Reyes son with me. Chubby and Nilda were engaged back in the early 60s. Nilda was best friends with Laurie, Gary U.S. Bonds wife. Nilda was an entertainer, a singer and dancer.
    Chubby is still so fond of Nilda. He told us he'd be at Disney World's Epcot Center in April.
    I actually went with Nilda to see him about ten years ago. Hopefully, she'll be able to see him in April.

Randy, if I ever get to Orlando, you're the guy to hang out with!

Quote Originally Posted by randy_russi View Post
    I saw Chubby Checker perform last night at the Volusia County Fair in Central Florida.
    His show is GREAT!!! He sang and danced for about 70 minutes and had the whole
    audience up twisting. A lot of audience participation. Anyway, this whole month
    he is in Branson, Mo. with the exception of last night's show. Amazingly, he performed
    Monday night in Branson, back today in Branson for a show.
    Check out his website: www.chubbychecker.com

He signed autographs afterwards and alerted the crowd a few hundred deep who
    were waiting that everyone who wanted an autograph would get one.

By the way, he drew a BIG audience and had already done a 4pm show. I was
    at the second show, 7pm.
    He said he just turned 70 October 3rd. He looks good! All that twisting--put
    on your Chubby discs and get a workout
    Good for Chubby. Glad to hear he's still out there putting on great shows.

Roberta