[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    This is going to be a great start to 2012.

It looks like we are not getting a Diana Ross vocal of Don't Leave Me This way but in any case the track list looks superb.
    Last edited by rovereab; 12-26-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Good list. I see she even covers a Sly Stone song. I'll buy this.

Diana never recorded a vocal for DONT LEAVE ME THIS WAY,darn.

I also wonder why "Where Did We Go Wrong" won't be on this cd. It won't be right for an expanded "Baby It's Me" and I seriously doubt there will be an expanded "Ross", but then again, you never know... Maybe someone from UME can shed some light?

yeah, i was under the impression that many of the songs on ROSS were leftovers from these recording sessions.maybe not. still looking forward to this cd sinc ethis was the first album i bought. when i heard LOVE HANGOVER in the summer of 76, i remember thinking ...that song, that voice! gotta have the album.it's been one of my favorites ever since along with BABY IT'S ME.

Hi
    Think I just discovered the track listing for Diana expanded...
    Artist:Diana RossFormat: CD
    Year: 2012
    Number of Discs: 2
    UPC: 602527843490
    Item Number: MTN784349
    Release date: 02/21/2012
    • 1. Theme From Mahogany [[Do You Know Where You're Going To)
    • 2. I Thought It Took a Little Time [[But Today I Fell In Love)
    • 3. Love Hangover
    • 4. Kiss Me Now
    • 5. You're Good My Child
    • 6. One Love In My Lifetime
    • 7. Ain't Nothin' But a Maybe
    • 8. After You
    • 9. Smile
    • 10. Sorry Doesn't Always Make It Right [Bonus Track]
    • 11. Together [Bonus Track]
    • 12. I Thought It Took a Little Time [[But Today I Fell In Love) [Single Vers
    • 13. Love Hangover [Single Version] [Bonus Track][Version]
    • 14. One Love In My Lifetime [Single Version] [Bonus Track][Version]
    • 15. To Love Again [Alternate Version] [Alternate Take][Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    • 16. We're Always Saying Goodbye [Alternate Version] [Alternate Take][Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    • 17. This Christmas [Alternate Version] [Alternate Take][Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]

• 18. Coming Home [Stereo Mix] [Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    • 1. Theme From Mahogany [[Do You Know Where You're Going To) [Alternate Vers
    • 2. I Thought It Took a Little Time [[But Today I Fell In Love) [Alternate V
    • 3. Love Hangover [Alternate Version #1] [Alternate Take][Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    • 4. Kiss Me Now [Alternate Version] [Alternate Take][Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    • 5. You're Good My Child [Alternate Version] [Alternate Take][Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    • 6. One Love In My Lifetime [Alternate Version] [Alternate Take][Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    • 7. Ain't Nothin' But a Maybe [Alternate Version] [Alternate Take][Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    • 8. After You [Alternate Version] [Alternate Take][Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    • 9. Sorry Doesn't Always Make It Right [Alternate Version] [Alternate Take]
    • 10. Together [Alternate Version] [Alternate Take][Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    • 11. Theme From Mahogany [[Do You Know Where You're Going To) [Alternate Vers
    • 12. Harmony [Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    • 13. Le Lo Li [Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    • 14. Go Where Yor Mind is [Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    • 15. Diana Ross Interview [Excerpted] [Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]

Since Berry101's track listing has a Feb 21st release date and it's still not listed on Hip-o's website for presale is it safe to assume it's been bumped until then?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Since Berry101's track listing has a Feb 21st release date and it's still not listed on Hip-o's website for presale is it safe to assume it's been bumped until then?
    I just got an e-mail from amazon.com saying the date has been changed to February 21st.

I think this sums the news up for me nicely.....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggg hhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

[[Sorry I just had to vent like when Charlie Brown gets the football taken by Lucy at the last second) hehe

selinasian Guest
    Can't wait to hear Le lo li. Sounds like a lost classic!

Quote Originally Posted by selinasian View Post
    Can't wait to hear Le lo li. Sounds like a lost classic!
    I know rite? I have a feeling I'm going to like that one a lot! It probably was too funky for Berry Gordy's taste and left off for being not MOR enough.

I'M STILL WAITING lol sorry i had to since this was delayed.lookin 4ward to this

Quote Originally Posted by berry101 View Post
    • 3. Love Hangover [Alternate Version #1] [Alternate Take][Previously Unreleased][Bonus Track]
    Why "Alternate Version #1"?*Apparently it's the only one here...

Quote Originally Posted by Constantin View Post
    Why "Alternate Version #1"?*Apparently it's the only one here...
    I'm hoping that this "alternate #1" will contain portions of the lost background vocals [["I don't want want want no cure cure cure for this") BUT mastered pristinely, unlike the shoddy bootleg-sounding mix on 'diana DELUXE'!!!!

uptight Guest
    Constantin, "alternate" number [[#) can refer to a numbering system used in-house, not necessarily the versions on a released CD track listing. For example, a studio engineer in 1976 can label the mixes of a song all on one tape box in preparation for an upcoming quality control meeting. Then they can vote on which number is best for release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarchilehoneybaby View Post
    I'm hoping that this "alternate #1" will contain portions of the lost background vocals [["I don't want want want no cure cure cure for this") BUT mastered pristinely, unlike the shoddy bootleg-sounding mix on 'diana DELUXE'!!!!
    I so hope this is the case too!

Listening to it right now!

Got it this morning - gagging on it as we speak!!

Absolutely love everything about this package. I'm glad the digipack isn't quite as glossy as LTISH, as that one really has shown quite a bit of wear, being black and shiny and all [[of course I've played it to death!)

The vaults tracks are very nice, but not spectacular - but they are vaults tracks, after all. My favorite is "Harmony". It's a crystal-clear, pristine vocal and production, though there isn't as much emotion invested in it as Ross usually gave.

The alternate versions are AMONG THE BEST ANDY & HARRY HAVE EVER GIVEN US. I don't care if they were newly-mixed or whatnot; they are fantastic. There are additional instruments utilized that were left off the original mixes that really make these pop. And these are not throw-away vocal takes; these are for the most part, just as good [[if perhaps not as MOR as BG would have wanted the singles to be.) I love the extended new mix of "Kiss Me Now"! Wonderful stuff.

And the interview is delightful! Miss Ross talks all about motherhood, including a bit of the story behind the now-beloved masterpiece 'To The Baby'. She also talks about the songs on the Black Album, and great tidbits of the early days in the Supremes and Primettes, very complimentary towards Mary and Florence. The liner notes don't reveal as much as the interview does, actually!

Andy-Harry-George-Kevin: THANK YOU for another Ross treasure!!! 5 STARS.

Just got mine today as well, and put it on a few minutes ago. Can't wait to get to the alternate mixes and unreleased tracks.

One sentence in the wonderfully-done notes makes one's mouth water: "Diana is then put in the studio with Steview Wonder in July 1974, but note of those recordings makes it out of Stevie's personal vault."

I can only imagine what those might have been like.

Im simultaneously jealous and pissed since I paid for rush shipping from Hip-o. It better show tomorrow or i'll be slapping folks like I'm on the set of Mahogany

Those that have received this CD, where did you get it? Hipo or Amazon?

I ordered mine from Hipo.

Question for any of the audiophiles here: how's the sound, and did they brickwall the CD?

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Question for any of the audiophiles here: how's the sound, and did they brickwall the CD?
    Great question. Let me put it this way: if I hadn't read the liner notes and saw "remastered by Kevin Reeves", I would have sworn this was the work of Bill Inglot and Dan Hersch. No brickwall at all! I pulled it up in SoundForge to check [[and already made my own re-edited medley of "Le Lo Li/Go Where Your Mind Is")

And I ordered mine through Hip-O, regular shipping. Had it at 9:30 a.m.~

Quote Originally Posted by hobocamp View Post
    Just got mine today as well, and put it on a few minutes ago. Can't wait to get to the alternate mixes and unreleased tracks.

One sentence in the wonderfully-done notes makes one's mouth water: "Diana is then put in the studio with Steview Wonder in July 1974, but note of those recordings makes it out of Stevie's personal vault."

I can only imagine what those might have been like.
    I drooled on that too, Hobo! I pretty much read that sentence to mean that there are indeed Stevie-produced tracks with Ross vocals laid on them. The exist, but are in Stevie's control so no one can touch them. Right? [[Let's hope there's a "Lately" in there!)

The only possible thing that makes me doubt it on the other hand, is Diana's interview on Arsenio Hall when she debuted "The Force Behind The Power" and told Arsenio it was the first song that Stevie wrote just for her. She said "I will do his songs, but as remakes" [[likely referring to 'Too Shy To Say' and 'Blame It On The Sun'.)

I suppose you're right Super. Now that you mention it I do remember her saying something on Arsenio about Force being the first song he'd written for her. So probably what's in his possession are covers she sang. But still - I'd love to hear her take on something like Come Back as a Flower, or as you said, Lately.

Ross also did Ribbon In The Sky for a while in her act.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Ross also did Ribbon In The Sky for a while in her act.
    She also had "Blame it on the Sun" in her act in the early to mid 90's and sang it beautifully live.

Roberta

atcsm Guest
    "Overjoyed" from 1994 A Very Special Season is Diana at her best...

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    She also had "Blame it on the Sun" in her act in the early to mid 90's and sang it beautifully live.

Roberta

Perhaps it's the right time for a "Diana Sings Stevie" album......... perhaps including Diana & Stevie duet or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarchilehoneybaby View Post
    Great question. Let me put it this way: if I hadn't read the liner notes and saw "remastered by Kevin Reeves", I would have sworn this was the work of Bill Inglot and Dan Hersch. No brickwall at all! I pulled it up in SoundForge to check [[and already made my own re-edited medley of "Le Lo Li/Go Where Your Mind Is")
    That sounds great! Except that Bill Inglot is fond of boosting the treble, although he didn't do that with the Motown or the Stax material he worked on.

I will probably pick this one up tomorrow if my car repairs don't set me back much.

Wow! Just Wow! This is an amazing album to begin with but presented this way with all the bonus material and alternates it just goes to a higher level I didnt know existed! If you havent bought this yet run to Hipo or Amazon and order it immediately. If you have to skip a few meals or eat Ramen noodles with the lights off to make up for the expense of it, trust me its worth it! Youll be less hungry from losing the inches off your waist from dancing to Love Hangover anyway hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Wow! Just Wow! This is an amazing album to begin with but presented this way with all the bonus material and alternates it just goes to a higher level I didnt know existed! If you havent bought this yet run to Hipo or Amazon and order it immediately. If you have to skip a few meals or eat Ramen noodles with the lights off to make up for the expense of it, trust me its worth it! Youll be less hungry from losing the inches off your waist from dancing to Love Hangover anyway hehe.
    Actually, it's only $23 at Amazon.

just got my Black album/cd and i ahve been palying it non stop. i think this one will remain in my cd player for a while, it is the first DR album i ever bought and remains one of my all time favs. love the alt mixs.
    great job Andy , Harry, Kevin and all that are responsible for this project.love it

Amazon.com Best Sellers Rank:#195 in Music
inMusic>R&B>Soul>General AAS
    This title will be released on February 21, 2012.
    Amazon.co.uk Bestsellers Rank:424 in Music
inMusic>Pop>Pop R&B
inMusic>R&B and Soul
    This title will be released on March 5, 2012.
    Amazon.de Bestseller-Rang:Nr. 47.231 in Musik
    Derzeit nicht auf Lager.
    Nothing on amazon.fr and amazon.it.
    Are those rankings reliable since the cd can only be pre-ordered?