[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Junkies: Where Did Our Love Go [[and new address!)

Hello,

Please excuse yet another shameless plug, but I couldn't face reviving the old thread again.

Motown Junkies is now at a new address - motownjunkies.co.uk - and as we're now up to the summer of '64, I've just written a long thing about Where Did Our Love Go.

I would very much like some feedback [[or arguments!), here or there. [[Comments are open on all entries, as always.)

Thanks!

yup, i read this blog every couple of days. wish he could write even faster than he does! he is getting into the choice stuff now ... can't wait to read the next few years of motown singles reviews. he really is much better and opinionated than the notes on the singles set. type away ... i'm waiting for the next hit! your "where did our love go" article was spot on!

As I seem to be the only person who is luke-warm about "Where Did Our Love Go", I'd be very happy to see a comment on Motown Junkies from anyone agreeing with me.

Nix: don't feel bad, I was hooked by the same bug. So I put together TCM Software- because I got tired of flagging through books, newletters and searching the web. But now it works on all Windows platforms and ready for release. Every artist, every label, every, everything I could add in one simple interface. Available for ordering soon. Evan

Previously was named Kegtapper here, but lost the email addy long ago.

I luv Luv LUV the "Motown Junkies" features...

shameless plug???? I love your site.

Well, I don't like to spam the board too much! Thanks for the kind words, John, Jimi and thisoldheart, it's appreciated.

Kegtapper II: interesting project! Perhaps my eyes are failing me, but the "Intentionally Blurred" bit of the screenshot above seems to say the Chuck-a-Lucks were a pseudonym for Earl Van Dyke If so, that's a pretty big error. These are the Chuck-a-Lucks.

I remember "Where Did Our Love Go" very well. I was just starting junior high school in 7th grade. Whenever I hear the song my mind flashback to that day in the school auditorium, when they were calling out names of who was going to be your homeroom teacher. Somebody in the audience had a transistor radio with song playing. I had a crush on this girl named Tamila Wilson.

Mr. Motown

A good name for a Motown fan's first crush!

Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  21.1 KB
    I'll also give Motown Junkies a shameless plug. It's a great site.

Thanks Robb, the cheque's in the post

I only posted the [[very, very long) new entry about "Baby Love" four hours ago, and if it keeps up like this, it's already on its way to becoming the most viewed article I've ever written. [[Nobody is voting on it though!)

Anyway, I thought I should link it here, especially since I've mentioned SDF in the intro.

http://motownjunkies.co.uk/ [[main site)

http://motownjunkies.co.uk/478/ [[Baby Love)

Thanks for reading, folks

Just checked out this site and read a few of the long essays on various Motown single recordings. Thought provoking and musically detailed, these comments could well be published in book form and find an eager audience. I look forward to more of your comments, radionixon!