[REMOVE ADS]

19 year old Susaye, singing Funny Valentine, in Paris, with Ray on Piano!

http://youtu.be/qI2rVXAk5rM

Baby Susaye alert; Major lash alert. Enjoy; it won't be there long.

What a great clip. Love this song...a real classic. So interesting to see the early signs of the style you displayed so beautifully with the Supremes. The pace is slow and lanquid...kind of brings to mind Jimmy Scott who I only discovered recently!

Were you on any of the Raelettes' albums? I have an odd one, I think it's called "Souled Out," half of the album is the Raelettes, the other half Ike and Tina Turner!

Susaye.....your vocal is gorgeous....and so are you and the ladies. I must say....you should have been singing much more of the great American songbook over the years. More....MORE!!!!! Bravo! Thank you for sharing this gem.
    John

I did'nt know she sung with ray charles, that's kinda cool.

And I also did'nt know she had a youtube channel, I'm subscribing.

Beautiful! Thank you Susaye!

Absolutely wonderful! Your intonation & phrasing on this song reminds me of your approach to "Until Its Time For You To Go", a song which made me fall in love with your voice.

This is beautiful & gave us a glimpse of what would come in the future. You could sing the alphabet or names from a phone book & it'd be alright with me.

really beautiful, Susaye.So very professional with great charisma!Thanks for sharing.

Love It.
    Please stay positive

Even when I know how good a singer is, I can still be blown away. WOW!

Laurel Guest
    I love it just love it. That's talent!

Enquiring minds want to know, are you wearing two or three pairs of lashes? They look faboo!

That was wonderful. Very well done!

Thank you Kenneth. That's quite a compliment! And yes, I was on a lot of Raelet material.

Thanks, John! I've waited a long time to get back to those songs, and now that I've researched all of my beloved tunes, I think it's time to record them. God willing and the creeks don't rise. Love to you!

thanks, Candy!

Thank you, Carlo! How was your summer, and can you believe it's almost holiday time?

that's lovely of you to say, Juice! it is fun for me to see how I've grown up, and to remind myself where I came from. I had some wonderful guides and influences. I'm so grateful for my mom, who was a stickler for enunciation, and who encouraged me to dig deep into a song, even at such a young age.

Thank you Motony! My pleasure to share.

Thanks RedHot! xox

You make me blush, Ralph! thanks. that's really cool, coming from you!

thanks Laurel, so kind of you.

Jill, I'm pretty sure it was a 3 lash kind of night. thank you!

thank you, Marv!

Susaye,

I mean every word of it. That song brings back some very special memories for me of my youth & a time of relative innocence which we'll never see the likes of again. I also want to say that I've always appreciated your generosity of spirit when sharing your music & experiences with us.

I'm just sorry that I wan't able to make it down to the Soul Patrol Convention & finally have the opportunity to meet you & to capture your performance live.

You are a true gem & if you have any more clips like this or know of any, please keep them coming!

After listening to this again for about the fifth time, I'm still captivated by this. Not only is this one of my favorite songs, but Susaye delivers a gentle and calming, yet powerful interpretation that I've never heard done before with this song. Is there any young artist today who could handle this song the way Susaye did when she was 19? I highly doubt it. Susaye handles the song with class, pure class. It just doesn't get any better than this...

thank you, Juice! Obviously, My Funny Valentine is the kind of song that gets down into your bones. It was my Mom's fave, and I must admi it is a song I have never tired of singing. But to get the chance to see it after all these years is quite thrilling for me. Especially with Ray playing. He was an amazing pianist. I used to watch him play the piano for hours. What an honour.
    The Soul Patrol Convention was wonderful! Bob Davis is to be highly commended for the effort he puts into perpetuating our music. Hope more people support him and the Convention.
    Peace to you.

Thanks Brad. I'm so glad to get the chance to share this. It's really quite rare, [[I'd never seen it before), and I'm so grateful to have the chance. A real special moment in my musical history! Peace2U!

I'm just knocked flat by that, Susaye. Exquisite - and such taste and restraint in one so young.

Alas... removed from YouTube.

uptight Guest
    Dang, I missed out...

I, too never got to see it. Hopefully it will be reposted somewhere. I'm going to look around a few other places besides youtube today...