[REMOVE ADS]

'Guinness' Names Samuel L. Jackson Highest Grossing Actor of All Time

http://www.afro.com/sections/arts_en...?storyid=72927

With over 100 films under his belt, actor Samuel L. Jackson can now add another amazing facet to his résumé. According to the New York Daily News, The Guinness Book of World Records recently named him the highest grossing actor of all time.

The 62-year-old’s body of film work has brought in a staggering $7.42 billion He averages three to four films a year.

Jackson got his big break in the 1991 Spike Lee "joint" Jungle Fever. He later appeared in numerous Hollywood blockbusters including Pulp Fiction, The Long Kiss Goodnight, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

Currently, Jackson portrays Martin Luther King Jr. in the Broadway production "The Mountaintop." According to CBS News, the play also stars actress Angela Bassett and focuses on King's last hours before his assassination.

On the big screen, Jackson will have appeared in a total of four films at the close of the year, and has already signed on to appear in three in 2012.

In a recent interview with CBS News, Jackson reflected on his career and his presence in Hollywood.

"I've been fortunate," he said during the interview. "There's a handful of movies that have made enormous amounts of money, and that just means that the other movies that I'd done have made the kind of money that allows me to continue to work, that people see me as viable as a box office draw to people. People come and see my movies."

One of the most versitile actors ever who always looks different in every role he plays,great actor who's gonna get an oscar soon than later.

I remember back in the late 80s early 90s that he was in just about every film made [[lol). If you had asked someone " what actor/actress has made the most money all time, how many would have picked Samuel? On another tip the Chicago Red Eye paper listed Eddie Murphy and Denzel as two of a handfull of actors that loose money for studios. In other words they haven't done anything lately to bring in a profit.