[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Shantel of The Supremes...performing at a parking lot near you!

How sad...

Of the Supremes?? !!! Who in their right mind would believe she had any connection the the glamorous Supremes? Chantel in her pimp hat and bare midriff. Very Supreme. Do you know that she was being discussed on this board a year and a half ago? Check this link http://faac.us/adf/messages/2/212167.html

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Chantel in her pimp hat and bare midriff. Very Supreme.
    lol!!

I had talked about her here too:

http://faac.us/adf/messages/2/213434.html

I totally forgot I had already mentioned her. I guess I can't help it...she's my favourite Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Shantel of The Supremes...performing at a parking lot near you!

How sad...
    Quit it Carlo! LOL!!!

lol!!

I totally forgot I had already mentioned her. I guess I can't help it...she's my favourite Supreme.
    The Supremes were so much better after she replaced Diana Ross!

Wow.....nothing like a good parking lot for ones career! Our local Wal-Mart parking lot could use a classy show like this.

I always loved it when she performed this to a member of the audience during their live shows. Her little scat at 2:01 always won the crowd over. In fact, it inspired Diana when she was doing "Lady Sings The Blues." Of course this was just around the time frame when Shantel replaced Freda Payne as the lead singer in the group.

This woman must have a great set of balls to keep professing that she is and was a Supreme. In her own mind, she probably is a Supreme. But there are a lot of Supreme fans on this board. In the real world, can she claim any link to the group ala Kaaaaaaren Rag? That is, was she ever a background singer for Mary, or any of the other legit Supremes? Did she have any link at all to Motown. That original interview in this thread would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Milven, I did a Google search last night and apparently she claims she joined The Supremes in 1985. One of her shows was promoted by a newspaper and a fan wrote in to respond to the ad and pointed out how The Supremes had officially disbanded in 1977. It's beyond me how anyone could think she was ever a Supreme. I don't know what her exact association is.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    Her little scat at 2:01 always won the crowd over.
    lol. That was precious.

She has a tendency to sing slightly flat. Geesh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8GD2...eature=related

The dazzling Supremes fronted by Diana Ross' replacement...or was that Freda Payne?.....gowns by Goodwill.

dianesfan_1965 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    But if u scroll down you can see she also bills herself as The New Supremes. Quite a gal. Id think Motown might finally wanna do somethin about this one.
    This will NOT set well with Pearlie Salters!

the only link to The Supremes is if someone was a recorded member of that group while they were on Motown...
    singing back ground for Mary or whoever is not a link to "The Supremes", it's a link to Mary or whoever...end of story..

I was just looking at the top picture and realized that act wasn't good enough to rate occupying the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    the only link to The Supremes is if someone was a recorded member of that group while they were on Motown...
    singing back ground for Mary or whoever is not a link to "The Supremes", it's a link to Mary or whoever...end of story..
    Actually, if someone sang with any of the former Supremes, that would give them a link to the group, but it would not make them a Supreme. Kaaaaren can not call herself a Supreme. Nor can Freddie Poole. They do have links to the Supremes. But I can think of absolutely no connection to Motown or the Supremes by this Chantel person. Of course, I can also not see any connection to entertainment by her. She is an out and out liar. She also lied about having a hit record called Love Attack. She is being introduced as a Supreme in these videos. [[Of course, the MC is a street vendor and she is performing in a gutter but still - let's have some truth in advertising)

smark21 Guest
    Actually, if someone sang with any of the former Supremes, that would give them a link to the group, but it would not make them a Supreme. Kaaaaren can not call herself a Supreme. Nor can Freddie Poole. They do have links to the Supremes. But I can think of absolutely no connection to Motown or the Supremes by this Chantel person. Of course, I can also not see any connection to entertainment by her. She is an out and out liar. She also lied about having a hit record called Love Attack. She is being introduced as a Supreme in these videos. [[Of course, the MC is a street vendor and she is performing in a gutter but still - let's have some truth in advertising)
    Maybe she attended a Diana Ross concert back in the day when Ross used to go in the audience and let people sing Reach Out and Touch with her? There's your Supremes connection, lol!

In NYC, there are restaurants in certain areas of town that are knock offs of famous chains. For instance "Kennedy Fried Chicken". Shantal Baker is the equivalent of Kennedy Fried Chicken for tTe Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by dianesfan_1965 View Post
    This will NOT set well with Pearlie Salters!
    Who is Pearlie Salters? Careful.....I'm not over former...or is that CURRENT Supreme, Chantel Baker.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    Who is Pearlie Salters? Careful.....I'm not over former...or is that CURRENT Supreme, Chantel Baker.
    Here's Pearlie and her girls, including the ultimate diva herself, Ms. Shantal Baker. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pearliesalters/

All kidding aside, who is booking this woman? From the few clips I've seen it looks like she may be in Florida somewhere. She is not even a good "local act". How is she getting booked to even play parking lots?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    Here's Pearlie and her girls, including the ultimate diva herself, Ms. Shantal Baker. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pearliesalters/
    Pearlie.....Lumpy, Dumpy and Co-Co....according to the Yahoo groups page! Well, that pretty much sums it up!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    All kidding aside, who is booking this woman? From the few clips I've seen it looks like she may be in Florida somewhere. She is not even a good "local act". How is she getting booked to even play parking lots?
    Here is their booking information http://www.the50sand60smusic.com/index.php
    Here is their page http://www.the50sand60smusic.com/pages.php?id=MTU=

And here is the phone number of the booking agent. 1 888 413 4443
    I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow. I am having my septic tank cleaned and I would love to have them appear at the opening.

I am having my septic tank cleaned and I would love to have them appear at the opening.
    lol!

I dare you to call. Ask their agent how Shantel is related to The Supremes...I would be interested to hear what he/she has to say.

uptight Guest
    And don't let her get booked at Baker's Keyboard Lounge in Detroit, she might claim she owns the joint!

She is not or ever was a supreme, she is just tripping wishing she was. I never heard of her period. Jean terrell is the only girl who can claim the taking of diana's place and proves it with her top top entry
    on the charts in feb. Of 1970.

I have never heard of this lady prior to all this either. She is classless.

smark21 Guest
    Shantal Baker is my favorite Supreme. She's klassy and she can sang!

This woman must have a great set of balls to keep professing that she is and was a Supreme. In her own mind, she probably is a Supreme. But there are a lot of Supreme fans on this board. In the real world, can she claim any link to the group ala Kaaaaaaren Rag? That is, was she ever a background singer for Mary, or any of the other legit Supremes? Did she have any link at all to Motown. That original interview in this thread would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.
    No, she was never one of Mary's back up singers.

Here is their booking information http://www.the50sand60smusic.com/index.php
    Here is their page http://www.the50sand60smusic.com/pages.php?id=MTU=

And here is the phone number of the booking agent. 1 888 413 4443
    I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow. I am having my septic tank cleaned and I would love to have them appear at the opening.

lol!

I dare you to call. Ask their agent how Shantel is related to The Supremes...I would be interested to hear what he/she has to say.
    Carlo, I took you up on your dare and called a few weeks ago. They called back about two days later. I said that I was President of A Motorcycle Club and wanted to book entertainment for our 40th anniversary which we were celebrating in a local VFW hall. Of course, these were all lies, but what he told me were all lies too. He said that after Diana left the group, that there was a rotation of singers that took her place and Shantell was one of them. He said that another of the singers in the group had a link to the the original group. He asked how many people would be at the event. I would have loved to find out how much he charged for this group but as he was telling more and more lies about Shantel and her group, I lost my temper with him, told him off, told him his group was bullshit and eventually disconnnected.

But I did do one more thing. I sent this thread and the phone number and website to about ten or so people [[a few in the industry) and told them to call. I'm guessing that those phone calls and the calls from people who read this thread disturbed the guy BECAUSE now, the phone number is not taking any calls and the only way to make contact is through e-mail.

It was fun, but like roaches, you can't get rid of Shantel. She will be appearing at a parking lot near you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1kNgppfla8

I believe Pearl Dowdell is/was in Shantel Baker's Supremes group. Kinda like the record. I'd never heard of her before.

lol!!

The video from that link had me think, "what in karaoke heck is that mess." They look like a bunch of girls at a karaoke club instead of a actual proformance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqz2VHgCR6E

ROTF at Shantel's management getting prank booking calls. What's next, a fake call from Universal requesting a performance to commemorate the release of Shantel Baker's Lost & Found at a Goodwill Drop Box?

Amazing how crappy her performances are; I notice in David Nathan's interview just before Christmas with Mary Wilson, she mentions how many of these groups of Supremes are out there working in England. I notice she also commented on the meanness on the Internet as well and said something like, it was hard not to be hurt by it.

lol! Go Milven!! You made my night. Hahahaha! I didn't think you would actually go through with it. Wow!

He's right Milven............you are owed congratulations for having the balls and courage to make the call.

There are people like Jean and Cindy that were real Supremes that never cash in on their connection; there are people like some Karens that had some connection that always try and play it up and then there are the Shantals who had no connection and should shut up.

And Mary Wilson recently said such people do make a difference and it isn't a positive one.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    He's right Milven............you are owed congratulations for having the balls and courage to make the call....
    Thanks, but he has bigger balls to try to pass that shit off as entertainment. He didn't even try to pass them off as a tribute group. After watching the videos on this thread, I wouldn't pass them off to my worst enemy.

I was thinking that when people on SD see those Youtube posts where people curse and swear and make hateful comments about Diana Ross and Mary Wilson, that we as a group should go after them. I recently read that interview with Mary Wilson where she said her feelings are hurt by them and I recall Jermaine Jackson said Michael's kids weren't allowed to go on Youtube because of some of the same kinds of postings.

It might make some people think twice and some people back off.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhEzqnTjf_E

Apparently, Shantel is a woman of many incarnations!
    ROTFLMAO!!! For a rising star, she sure is no spring chicken.

I think I'd rather spend a few bucks tipping a drag queen impersonating Tina or The Supremes than to see this woman "sing".

huntergettingcaptured Guest
    There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the public when they could so easily swallow that this woman was EVER part of the Supremes. The Supremes were all about high-class and elegance. Seeing these clips, I think I'll be easily able to loose every last 50 pounds I've been trying to loose for the longest time! I'm ready to upchuck and in a huge way!

I dont think too many people are fooled.

But alot of people are happy enough to listen to some kind of remotely connected tribute group which is a shame.

And you don't have to go that far these days to get the real hits from Diana's tour.

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I dont think too many people are fooled.

But alot of people are happy enough to listen to some kind of remotely connected tribute group which is a shame.

And you don't have to go that far these days to get the real hits from Diana's tour.
    Tell that to Diana's fans in the UK.

There is something that has never made sense to me. None of these tribute acts take away from Diana's bookings, so why would they take away from Mary's? Either you want to see Mary or you don't. I don't understand why Mary equates herslef to a "tribute act" and acts like they take food off of her table. I think its more of a control issue.

Ask the same of Gladys Horton. And there's your answer.

I'm talking about "SUPREMES" not marvelettes. How can someone who performs in parking lots be a threat to a former Supreme?

MONEY!

And while YOU aren't talking Marvelettes, it's the SAME answer. So get over yourself.

Girl, it is too early in the morning for this shit.

Exactly. So act right.

Lord, I'm acting like Shantel Baker up in here. I need Prin tablet.

Im getting confused withthe Supremes family tree. Is Pearlie Dowd, Pearlie Salters? What about Urethra Burbaker?? So many Supremes so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    There is something that has never made sense to me. None of these tribute acts take away from Diana's bookings, so why would they take away from Mary's? Either you want to see Mary or you don't. I don't understand why Mary equates herslef to a "tribute act" and acts like they take food off of her table. I think its more of a control issue.
    It always causes trouble when we do the Diana.Mary comparisons. But, Diana books and bills herself as Diana Ross. She has established herself as Diana Ross. [[And she had a great head start doing this when the name of the group was changed to include her name. When her name is said, people automatically think of the Supremes and she doesn't have to say it) Mary continues to bill herself in some way as associated with the Supremes and therefore has to compete for bookings with fake parking lot Supremes and even other former legitimate Supremes like Sherrie and Lynda. I think it is more of a bread and butter issue than a control issue.

Having seen both Mary and Diana many times, I enjoy both their shows individually and try not to compare them. I always wished that Diana would devote more concert time to her Supremes songs. [[She does now, thankfully) And I always wished that Mary would devote less time to her Supremes' songs. Her UP CLOSE show is great cabaret and shows Mary's talent her best with just one Supreme song. She is one of the few female singers whose voice has gotten better with age. It may be her confidence. She has been referred to as a background singer for so long, she was believing it.