[REMOVE ADS]

Question for ralph

Hey ralph,during your time at motown,were there times when you were in the studio recording or getting ready to lay down some tracks when out in the hall stood one of the stars..one of the temps-tops-supremes,ect.and you wanted to use them on the session but you had already started?

I was never lucky enough to have that possibility. I'm not sure I would have approached them at that time, since I wasn't the most self assured producer at that time, pretty much being the new kid on the block. Today? They'd be mine.

What an interesting question. Ralph, I am new to this forum and am unfamiliar with your Motown background. Please share.

Hello and welcome Johnny B.
    I might suggest you read 'The Road Through Motown' and/or 'Russ Terrana's Motown', both written by Ralph. There is also Nelson George's excellent 'Where Did Our Love Go?: The Rise and Fall of the Motown Sound [[Music in American Life)'.
    There are other good books out there and I'm sure other members can make further suggestions.

Welcome JohnnyB,
    As Motown Steve has mentioned, I have a couple of books out that deal with the Motown years. They are available through Amazon or Bankhouse Publishing. If you do read them I would be interested in your thoughts.

Welcome to the forum Johnny B. You could also check out this -

http://www.soulfuldetroit.com/web03-...rma/index.html

And if you go to the Soulful Detroit Home Page by following the link in the top left corner of this screen you are currently on, you can see the list of these special "web episodes" including the one on Ralph's Tera Shirma recording studio.

Oldies

Thank you Oldies. I completely forgot about the webisode.